News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

All you have to do is type letter combos to see if they are accepted. I've stopped looking for actual words--that's how I found the three weird words yesterday.

"Normal" words so far; haven't had a chance to look for more words as I too (like cathwen) have a ton of grading to do.

ciao_yall

SB - Slow start this morning but at amazing with no pangram and haven't poured the coffee yet.

LB - bylaw-wrecking. This morning have a 2fer b4ss so hope something breaks through.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I got to QB today, so good luck! Yesterday, I figured that noodging might be an issue.  It was my final word, and husband missed it.  I think noodge might have been in there before and I had missed it then.  I have a colleague/friend who says things like "sorry to be a noodge", but it's not something I would use everyday.  I had doxxing before doxing, just figured I'd try it without the extra x.  I think doxx was in there before.

Got the schmofficial 2fer yesterday as well.  One contender so far for today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Genius and pangram.

No more progress yet on LB.

Parasaurolophus

Genius without pangram this morning. Official 2fer yesterday. No luck with LB yet
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Parasaurolophus, if you get the pangram and all its points, you will be at or near Alpha! 

Langue_doc

Congrats on the QB, ab_grp! QB isn't too difficult today as there was just one word that was unusual, and which I found by stringing letters together.

Pangram is easy--combine words if you are stuck.

Found a nice incendiary word for LB, but no mate, alas.

cathwen

Genius with pangram, two words to go.  I've seen this movie before. 

Congre to Langue_doc and ab_grp on making QB!

Still no LB solution!

But my grading is finished, so hooray.

ab_grp

Congrats on the QB, Langue_doc! And good luck, cathwen (and congrats on finishing grading!).  My final word might have been the one Langue_doc referred to.

I've got a couple more contenders for LB, but still no mates.  I would have had one with the first contender b4ss.  Good luck to us all.

ciao_yall

Got a 2fer. I thought it looked familiar but I just checked our records and it was similar to another solution we got some time ago.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram, 14 words, and genius. Hoodoo was my last word yesterday.

Long day today, so won't be checking in until late.

Happy solving, all!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Hoodoo was also my final word yesterday, Langue_doc.  Have a good day!

I am one word away from QB again.  Hopefully I'll get it later.

No luck on the LB yesterday.  I even tried some shorter x words like crux.  Oh well.  I thought paradoxy might get me somewhere.  Congrats on the 2fer, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

New word: hoodoo.

LB I got procedural-lynx. Had thought it was a repeat but apparently lynx was a solution sometime back. ab_grp my 2fer b4ss was cleanup-paradoxy.

Just getting started this morning so no status worth reporting yet.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Congratulations, ciao_yall, on your 2fer yesterday!  I did not find a solution.  However, I did find a 2fer today. 

And I never did find those two missing words for yesterday's SB.  One of them was hoodoo.  I can't remember what the other was. 

Today, I am one word away from QB!  Hoping to break the almost-there cycle!  Ab_grp, I wonder if we're missing the same word?

Anyway, happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

cathwen you were the one who found lynxes last time. Not that I post stalk you, but I remembered seeing lynx before and was trying to see if it had been the same solution.

And congrats on your 2fer! Not there yet. Solved with 4 which is within their target of 5 but geez, people, do they know what a fast crowd this is?

Amazing with pangram so hope to tip into genius soon.