Main Menu

Spam! Starting Mandatory “First Post” Approval

Started by eigen, May 31, 2019, 09:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eigen

Quote from: mamselle on June 17, 2019, 08:54:04 PM
Quote from: eigen on June 17, 2019, 05:03:36 PM
Quote from: ProfAcct on June 17, 2019, 09:21:04 AM
Where would you like a primary post for approval?

Also, is there a place where doctoral students are hanging out?  I need to find some for a paper I'm writing; preferably drop-outs or re-starts.

Prof Accounting

I'd try starting a thread under the General Academic Discussions forum.

This individual is soliciting study participants for their research (they've just come over from starting a thread on the CHE fora.) They were reminded of the rules there, which I believe are the same here, yes?

M.

You are absolutely right, thanks for catching that. To discuss things with grad students is fine, solicitations seem to cross a line to me.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

polly_mer

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

ProfAcct

Nevermind then. 

Thanks for letting me know before I get slammed with uglies.

aside

lulu

First post here! I was mostly a lurker on the old CHE site; I'll try to participate more now!

namazu

Quote from: lulu on June 26, 2019, 05:26:04 PM
First post here! I was mostly a lurker on the old CHE site; I'll try to participate more now!
Welcome!

octoprof

Quote from: namazu on June 26, 2019, 05:41:42 PM
Welcome!

Hello lulu!
Welcome your cephalopod overlord.

ScratchSpin

Hello. I am one of you. But I'm not saying who. New start, new name! I haven't been active on the old fora for a few years.

polly_mer

Welcome, ScratchSpin!  Everyone is allowed a new start.  Thanks for joining us.

InfoPri

Quote from: namazu on June 26, 2019, 05:41:42 PM
Welcome!

Hi, namazu!  Nice to see you again after all this time!

namazu

octoprof

We have a spammer on aisle 9, Help & Questions.
Welcome your cephalopod overlord.

polly_mer

Quote from: octoprof on July 03, 2019, 01:08:03 AM
We have a spammer on aisle 9, Help & Questions.

Yep.  That's the only place someone can post without registering so that's a target.  The spam is gone as being not entertaining enough for the people here to play with.

ArcaMajora

Hello! I've been a somewhat long-term lurker of the old CHE fora. I made an account of the same name on the old site, but it seems I joined at the final months of the fora, right when there were whispers of the transition to a new forum if I remember correctly. However, I immensely enjoyed reading many of the old threads on there, especially the incredibly long and humorous threads as well as the still invaluable advice.

I'll try to participate more as best I can. Looking forward to meeting you all!

aside

Quote from: ArcaMajora on July 05, 2019, 06:20:00 PM
Hello! I've been a somewhat long-term lurker of the old CHE fora. I made an account of the same name on the old site, but it seems I joined at the final months of the fora, right when there were whispers of the transition to a new forum if I remember correctly. However, I immensely enjoyed reading many of the old threads on there, especially the incredibly long and humorous threads as well as the still invaluable advice.

I'll try to participate more as best I can. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Welcome!  We'll look forward to hearing more from you.