News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Knitting, Sewing and Handcraft Projects, Now and Forever...

Started by mamselle, March 15, 2020, 07:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

With cooler weather starting again, surely I am not the only one inspired to pull out the yarn and start a new project? I'm thinking about knitting a cardigan because I have been looking for one in the stores and cannot seem to find exactly what I want.

I also recently purchased some crochet needles with the intention of learning how to crochet. I think perhaps some granny squares to practice and then turn them into a blanket later on.

mamselle

Sounds like fun!

A friend is doing a couple of projects, and just finished a lovely lacy net-work like shawl with a falling collar....yum!

I still have my one nearly-finished mitt (knitted on pencils, since they were close at hand and the right size....) from last year, started before I discovered that thanks to the germ-bugs in the air, it was not going to be used for tours, and not yet finished because...motivation, I suppose.

Well, that, and the fact that I started counting the rows and stiches and had them written down in the baggy where the other pieces were stored and the paper went missing...

And because...life, other stuff, etc.

Enjoy your cardigan and afghan projects! Sounds like both are good ideas for the upcoming weather!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

nebo113

In addition to my 'ittle inklet (loom), I know have a regular size inkle loom.  These looms make belts, flat bands, shoelaces, camera  and binocular straps, guitar straps, and trims.  I have just finished two binocular straps and will soon be on my way to bigger town to pick up a new sewing machine to attach the hardware.   Current sewing machine is elderly and does not like sewing thicknesses.....think several layers of denim or quilting.

Morris Zapp

Quote from: Charlotte on October 08, 2021, 02:07:34 PM
With cooler weather starting again, surely I am not the only one inspired to pull out the yarn and start a new project? I'm thinking about knitting a cardigan because I have been looking for one in the stores and cannot seem to find exactly what I want.

I also recently purchased some crochet needles with the intention of learning how to crochet. I think perhaps some granny squares to practice and then turn them into a blanket later on.

I recommend the blackberry salad blanket. Find it on pinterest

evil_physics_witchcraft

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

nebo113

I now have an inkle loom and am attempting tablet weaving.  Quite a challenge.

bacardiandlime

I've been knitting for years, and I like making intricate patterns (like Japanese stitch patterns). I make a lot of things just for the challenge, so I've set up an etsy shop to sell them. We will see how it goes, it is my first etsy foray...

nebo113

Quote from: bacardiandlime on March 29, 2022, 01:52:15 AM
I've been knitting for years, and I like making intricate patterns (like Japanese stitch patterns). I make a lot of things just for the challenge, so I've set up an etsy shop to sell them. We will see how it goes, it is my first etsy foray...

Wishing you the best in your entrepreneurial adventure!

mamselle

Yes, let us know.

A friend was talking about selling some of her artwork on Etsy, I am wondering how that works.

M.

bacardiandlime

Sold my first piece today - a large beaded lace shawl!

mamselle

Wow, sounds quick!

How long from when you posted it to when it sold?

(Inquiring minds and all that...)

M.

bacardiandlime

Quote from: mamselle on March 29, 2022, 01:50:34 PM
How long from when you posted it to when it sold?

Only a few days after I opened the store! I was somewhat surprised. I had only 3 things listed. But I'll be adding a couple more items today.

mamselle

mamselle

Bump!

Any new summer projects?

I'm impressed with a friend who knitted coffee-cup cozies for staff members of the MD's offices who've taken care of her over the past year's battle with breast CA, and with another mutual friend who crocheted a beautiful, lacy shoulder wrap last month.

I should pull out my 18th c. mitts pattern and finish those...started knitting them awhile ago, but got side-tracked.

Anyone else?

M.