Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

So...cat TV instead of bird TV, hunh?

Who knew!!??

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

It's chilly outside and youngest evil cat is sitting with me on the couch with the electric blanket (which makes everything so toasty). She's in 'a mood' and has been a bit bitey.

Puget

Panther Boy would like me to turn the temperature back up outside. He keeps going out to the catio for a few minutes (thank you new cat door!) and then coming in and meowing at me. Sorry cat, my powers are limited to indoor climate control.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Larimar

The Larimar cats have been reacting to the cold, too. OrangeGuy and Calico have wanted to be on the bed at night, and HerMajesty and Twerp are making much more use of the kitty cushions than during the summer.

Unfortunately, the fancy new kitty condo in the living room doesn't get much attention at all. HerMajesty likes the highest perch, but that's it; no one else has been interested in playing on it.

Cats.

Harlow2

Quote from: Larimar on November 20, 2021, 05:28:25 AM

Unfortunately, the fancy new kitty condo in the living room doesn't get much attention at all. HerMajesty likes the highest perch, but that's it; no one else has been interested in playing on it.

Cats.

Ulysses liked hers for a couple of months but has been ignoring it for the last year. I tried moving it but that didnt make a difference..right now she's more interested in the cardboard box with 6-inch holes that she can race in and out of.

clean

Perhaps a basket placed (maybe tied down) on one of the shelves

and ask for paper bags at the grocery store rather than plastic.  It is better for society, and kitties like playing in bags as much as boxes!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

smallcleanrat

One of our cat trees is right outside my bedroom.

Maestro often perches on top, sitting upright and alert like an adorable sentry. I'm not sure if he's actually trying to "guard" me, but it often looks that way.

Maestro seems to feel responsible for overseeing house and family in general.

Caramelo, as Maestro's little fan boy, would often rest on the level just below Maestro's and gaze at him adoringly.

When Caramelo takes the top of the tree, he's almost always snoozing, never guarding.

As a little bitty kitten, Caramelo loved to clamber his way up to the top of the cat tree, but wasn't nearly so confident about clambering back down.  At times when SO and I would be showering Maestro with affection, Caramelo would whine pitifully, not wanting to be left out, yet feeling stuck at the top of the tree. One of us would have to go "rescue" him and carry him over to join the cuddlefest.

Larimar

Quote from: smallcleanrat on November 22, 2021, 10:18:53 PM

As a little bitty kitten, Caramelo loved to clamber his way up to the top of the cat tree, but wasn't nearly so confident about clambering back down.  At times when SO and I would be showering Maestro with affection, Caramelo would whine pitifully, not wanting to be left out, yet feeling stuck at the top of the tree. One of us would have to go "rescue" him and carry him over to join the cuddlefest.

Awww!

AmLitHist

I visited Kid #1 at their farmhouse after work, and got great joy from watching the two farm cats aggravate the Wonder-dog (still a GSD puppy and 125 pounds).

The cats hid under her low-slung Volvo, with only their whiskers showing outside. The pup would look and look before finally finding them.  He'd go charging up, only to get 2, 3, or four front paws flung out to swat at him. The cats would then run to the other side of the car, where he'd find them and start it all over again.  They were having great sport of it, and the pup wanted under that car so badly! 

After about 15 minutes of this, one cat crept out and headed under the deck while the doggo was on the other side of the car; by the time he figured it out, the other cat had joined the first, just out of arm's/paw's reach under the deck.  Both cats took off like a shot under the deck, but stopped dead in the middle of it--while poor pup stood at the far end, trying to figure out where they'd gone after (he presumed) they'd shot out from underneath.  He worried himself sick for a few minutes until he caught their scent and realized they were hiding out right underneath him!

It takes so little to amuse farm cats (and me)!

ursula

Quote from: Harlow2 on November 21, 2021, 09:27:31 AM

Cats.

Ulysses liked hers for a couple of months but has been ignoring it for the last year. I tried moving it but that didnt make a difference..right now she's more interested in the cardboard box with 6-inch holes that she can race in and out of.

Our had ignored their cat tower for over s year -- so long that we started using it to pile things on.  Then last week Cleo climbed up there, knocked all our crap on the floor, and made it her perch again (for now).

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Puget

Quote from: ursula on November 29, 2021, 09:59:04 AM

Cats.

Our had ignored their cat tower for over s year -- so long that we started using it to pile things on.  Then last week Cleo climbed up there, knocked all our crap on the floor, and made it her perch again (for now).

Well you see, by putting your stuff on it you suggest that it was a place you *didn't* want cats, so naturally it became a highly attractive place for cats.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

smallcleanrat

Quote from: Puget on November 29, 2021, 10:01:21 AM

Cats.

Well you see, by putting your stuff on it you suggest that it was a place you *didn't* want cats, so naturally it became a highly attractive place for cats.

Just because they don't want it doesn't mean they don't want it available.

FishProf

We moved out cat tower to the diametrically opposite corner and the Thundercats LOST.THEIR.MINDS.

Zoomies up around and through the tower, multilevel wrestling, and sneak attacks on feet ensued.

Now it appears to be the command post for the impending assault on the Christmas tree.  They are up to something....
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Harlow2

Quote from: smallcleanrat on November 29, 2021, 10:05:46 AM
Quote from: Puget on November 29, 2021, 10:01:21 AM

Cats.

Just because they don't want it doesn't mean they don't want it available.

So that's the secret: architectural ornamentation!