News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Snacking Thread

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, August 14, 2020, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

SO just made two large loaves of banana walnut bread and I had a slice as a 'snack.' Yum. Yum. Yum.

Normally, when I snack, I have a small portion of chips, fruit or veg.

What do you snack on?

polly_mer

I picked up grapes and bananas today.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Vkw10

I snacked on sliced cucumbers sprinkled with cayenne and anise today.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Economizer

I've tried to understand the appeal of Takis chips.  HS students have let me have a sample of them on occasion because they enjoy seeing my face contort! The manufacturer describes them as "the taste of fire and a bite of lava to send your tongue fire-walking. Contains[ing] an intense flavor combination of hot chili pepper and lime, Takis Fuego rolled tortilla chips are rated "Extreme" for extreme heat and extreme taste."

Enjoy?
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Vkw10

I tried a Takis chip. Needed a pint of ice cream afterwards. Never again.

Today's snack was watermelon. A wedge, perfectly ripe, eaten outside with juice running down my face. I'm not a watermelon devotee, but when the temperature hits 106, watermelon is great.

apl68

Quote from: Economizer on August 15, 2020, 09:18:12 AM

I've tried to understand the appeal of Takis chips.  HS students have let me have a sample of them on occasion because they enjoy seeing my face contort! The manufacturer describes them as "the taste of fire and a bite of lava to send your tongue fire-walking. Contains[ing] an intense flavor combination of hot chili pepper and lime, Takis Fuego rolled tortilla chips are rated "Extreme" for extreme heat and extreme taste."

Enjoy?

I don't understand the attraction of such extreme seasonings either.  It demolishes your taste buds.  Maybe it's a prove-you-can-do-it thing?  I'd say it's a macho deal, except that some of the fiercest salsa-eating contests I'm aware of have involved women.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

waterboy

Cheese - any kind of hard cheese. Currently demolishing a large hunk of Jarlsberg.
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."

hmaria1609

Had some organic Snack Factory Pretzel Chips

evil_physics_witchcraft

I found a small bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos that were hiding in my bag. Well, I knew they were there, I suppose I was just hanging on to them until I really wanted them. They also make good fire starters, but I haven't tried that just yet.

Economizer

Quote from: apl68 on August 17, 2020, 07:23:56 AM
Quote from: Economizer on August 15, 2020, 09:18:12 AM

Enjoy?

I don't understand the attraction of such extreme seasonings either.  It demolishes your taste buds.  Maybe it's a prove-you-can-do-it thing?  I'd say it's a macho deal, except that some of the fiercest salsa-eating contests I'm aware of have involved women.

It is the female students who seem to enjoy them most! Go figur'.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Vkw10

Microwave popcorn, with oregano.

mamselle

Gouda cheese with Town House crackers.

Sometimes I put chutney on top.

<<smile>>

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

I have discovered that my glorious new food processor, which I love dearly, can make smoothies!

Economizer

It's just before I've gone to bed and I realize that no treats are here to calm my head, but then I suddenly remember that I have the makings of something that I've meant to try for like a while!

PATE de la PORC.

LANCE CREAM CHEESE AND CHIVE CRACKERS
HORMEL BACON PIECES [NOT BITS]
SMUCKERS ALL FRUIT TOPPINGS

SO, Open the package of crackers, put a bit of the spread along with bacon pieces into a small bowl. Then, with a small spoon, put a little of the spread and a few of the bacon pieces on individual crackers as you eat them. Note: It is no sin to use the TURKEY BACON BACON PIECES.

Enjoy! These are lip smacking and so lip licking good that a new dimension is added should you being enjoying love with a partner after partaking!

Enjoy with tea, coffee, juice, soft drinks, or stronger stuff, like wine, for example.

clean

I just diced a bunch of strawberries, added a scoop of Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream and enjoyed them!

I have a water melon on the counter. it will be sliced and diced this evening!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader