News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

I got to genius with the pangram and a bit more.  Yesterday it took a while to get the pangram, and I think my final words were kook, eked.

No luck with LB despite good contenders, including sphinx.  The LB website was giving me some trouble last night.

Happy solving!

ETA: Got a 2fer!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius with the pangram but am still working on the crossword as well so will have to get back to it.  I think yesterday I needed help with divvy again.

For LB, I got plunked-damnation, which actually appears to be the schmofficial solution as well.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday, last word idly.   Today I am at Alpha, with five words to go.  However, we'll be out most of the afternoon, so  I may not get back to the Bee.  But we'll see.

LB:  I also had plunked-damnation.  I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Around 250+ points--I don't have the energy to look for more words.

Last word yesterday was avidly.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! It ended up being with my first contender.  And still quite a few bee words left.

ciao_yall

QB yesterday, could have probably done it without hints but hey, life is short. Last word was viand. LB plunked-damnation.

Today, QBwH and a 2fer.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Squeaked out genius without the pangram.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram early on, and then genius. Phew! It's quite a workout today.

I didn't have any motivation to look for the last few words yesterday. I've probably seen madame, metadata, and teatime in previous puzzles, so might or might not have found them.

orthic/clambake

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning! Yesterday learned demit, demitted thanks to the hints. LB rockcllimb-breath. Langue-doc congrats for finding a mate for clambake! I found it early on but other than a b4ss thoracic-clambake I wasn't going anywhere.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Amazing with pangram.  Just not seeing words today.  Yesterday I needed hints for memed and edamame.

SB:  I had breather-rockclimb.  I was also looking for a mate to clambake, but did not see orthic!

No 2fer yet today. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius without the pangram yet.  Husband has the pangram but is struggling with the other words.  Yesterday I needed help with demit(ted), madam(e), edamame.

For LB I got boilermaker-reclothe.  I had been trying for a while with boilermaker so was happy to finally find a mate.  Lots of good solutions again.  Congrats on another 2fer today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ETA: Okay, as soon as I opened the bee on my computer, I saw the pangram! Geez.

Parasaurolophus

Blah, nowhere close today.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH, probably could have done it ABM but oh well. Sometimes they just drag. LB - after two pretty good 2fer b4ss hamper-rejecting, pajama-architecting but no progress I went for a hint and got crept-thingamajig.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB this morning! 

Yesterday, I fell far short.  Finally, with not much time left, I went to hints and found a bunch of words I usually get, plus chihuahua, my last word.

And I had no luck with LB until I looked at hints and got percent-thingamajig.  I found a 2fer today fairly quickly.

Happy puzzling!