News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Share your hypochondria here

Started by Thursday's_Child, June 09, 2019, 06:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmLitHist

Everything hurts. To be fair, most things hurt more or less, and most of the time.  But today it's everything. 

Can't have anything to do with hauling the garden hose yesterday, using the hand-held weed sprayer the day before, or sitting at my desk too long both days, OR the major low pressure and heavy rain/storms heading toward us today.

Charlotte, let's just go sit in the corner together and hope someone brings us chocolate pudding once in awhile.

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

I have whiteness. There's no cure.

clean

The lymph nodes in my neck have swelled up.  It was bad enough that it woke me up at 2 am Wedesday night and I really have not slept well in the last few days.  I went to the walk in clinic on Wednesday night.  I do not have strep. Other than that, they dont have anything to tell me. 

I THINK that I may have been infected by those wasps that go after fire ants (in their native environment).  They leave a larva that then eats the connections so that the ant's head falls off.  Maybe I have a similar thing?

(had a blood test today, and will get sonogram or something on my neck as soon as insurance is asked permission and can be scheduled... hopefully before my head falls off. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

apl68

It's allergy season.  I sneeze sometimes.  I'm not a hypochondriac about that, but lingering COVID worries make certain others hypochondriacs on my behalf.  I just avoid sneezing at people and try not to violate their personal space.  And keep a supply of masks ready for if and when they're needed again.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

evil_physics_witchcraft

I noticed two squishy bumps on two fingers of my left hand. Don't recall how I got them since I've been so overwhelmed with the bs lately. I suspect fire ant bites from gardening, but really I have no clue.

clean

It has been a busy week for the doctors.

10 days ago, my neck swelled up.  I could not decide if that meant the The Rut had started, or that bolts were going to protrude from my neck (ala Frankenstein's Monster).

Last night I had a CT scan to see what that would show.

This morning I visited an orthopod to determine if my arm was going to fall off. 
I got a shot in my shoulder. Im not sure what it was, but I suspect that he glued it down so that I wont have to worry about it 'falling off'.

On Thursday the same orthopod will look at my knee.  Im pretty sure that it WONT fall off!!  It may spout something else, but im pretty sure that Im stuck with that knee. 

Off the topic some.... I asked for an appointment, but it seems that Each JOINT gets its own appointment.  I suppose that we dont want to confuse the doctor by asking about 2 joints ON the SAME PATIENT!!  (Bastards)!

Does anyone know when we started making appointments by joint rather than by the patient/client?  (OR is the joint NOW the "client"?)

Discuss...

dismalist

Quote from: clean on April 12, 2022, 04:27:00 PM
It has been a busy week for the doctors.

10 days ago, my neck swelled up.  I could not decide if that meant the The Rut had started, or that bolts were going to protrude from my neck (ala Frankenstein's Monster).

Last night I had a CT scan to see what that would show.

This morning I visited an orthopod to determine if my arm was going to fall off. 
I got a shot in my shoulder. Im not sure what it was, but I suspect that he glued it down so that I wont have to worry about it 'falling off'.

On Thursday the same orthopod will look at my knee.  Im pretty sure that it WONT fall off!!  It may spout something else, but im pretty sure that Im stuck with that knee. 

Off the topic some.... I asked for an appointment, but it seems that Each JOINT gets its own appointment.  I suppose that we dont want to confuse the doctor by asking about 2 joints ON the SAME PATIENT!!  (Bastards)!

Does anyone know when we started making appointments by joint rather than by the patient/client?  (OR is the joint NOW the "client"?)

Discuss...

I would have thought that multiple joint examinations and treatments were subject to economies of scale, reducing costs per unit joint ... .

Maybe there's a regulation that a doctor has to charge per joint.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

clean

I would have thought that multiple joint examinations and treatments were subject to economies of scale, reducing costs per unit joint ... .

Maybe there's a regulation that a doctor has to charge per joint.

certainly charging by the patient cuts revenue, and That MUST be INEFFICIENT for the doctor's office!

In the movie High Plains Drifter, the Clint Eastwood Character was offered $500 a head, and he countered "$500 an ear". 
So at least I m not visiting an ear doctor this week!

clean

had an MRI last week.  (followed by a few chocolate cup cakes, as thinking about chocolate cake was what got me through the MRI.... and DO NOT open your eyes!!!)

Results are that I have a partial rotator cuff tear and a bone spur. I have some pain, some of the time (A lot of pain on rare occasions, but after the shot, it does not last as long as it was earlier).

No need for immediate surgery.  (which is good as I dont get sick leave in the summer, and I ll be damned if I use summer to get surgery when I can get time off in the term!!... it is THEIR rules, Im just living within them!)

Doctor said that when it hurts enough, to let him know and they will schedule it! 

I told my chair, and she will try to be nice to me so that I dont plan it for the MOST inconvenient time! 

Physical therapy is not recommended as doctor fears that the exercise will exacerbate the injury and cause me to NEED the surgery sooner.