News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Inhale Thread !

Started by mamselle, June 14, 2019, 06:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow2

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

I have just had some moderately life-altering news that is objectively good, but which I am having a great deal of difficulty processing right now.

mamselle

Breathe.....

(Like the thread title says....)

Glad it's good news.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Puget

We just had a paper accepted, and when I went to update my CV I realized it is my 50th career journal article. Arbitrary as a milestone but still somehow meaningful, especially as it is a paper that two of my grad students worked very hard on and I think is good science.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

Super cool. Good for all of you!

M.

ergative

I took control of my calendar and booked a proper amount of time off for the summer. Cleverly, I made sure that the time off period included (a) a trip to London that we're planning and (b) a visit from a childhood friend; but does not include (c) the period when my in-laws are coming to visit.

mamselle

You fox, you...too bad you'll be so busy when they're there....

:--}

M.

paultuttle

Yesterday we finished paying off $40K of credit card debt! We now have NO credit card debt.

(Amazing to write. Even more amazing to think.)

mamselle

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: paultuttle on May 04, 2022, 11:20:04 AM
Yesterday we finished paying off $40K of credit card debt! We now have NO credit card debt.

Congrats!!!

apl68

If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Vkw10

Quote from: paultuttle on May 04, 2022, 11:20:04 AM

Congratulations! Here's a bottle of scotch and a couple of steaks for the grill. Celebrate!
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ergative

I do calligraphy in my spare time. A TV show that is shooting in my area needed someone to write with a quill on screen. They got in touch with my local calligraphy club, and the organizer sent the call around, and I was the only female right-handed person under the age of 60 to respond.

My right hand is going to be on TV!

mamselle

Aww, gawrsh....

We knew you when....

;--}

Congrats!

M.