Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Mr and Mrs Trump rest positive for Covid-19

Started by engineer_adrift, October 01, 2020, 10:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larimar

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on October 05, 2020, 08:44:29 PM
Quote from: Ruralguy on October 05, 2020, 08:36:12 PM
I wouldnt want the country to deal with a fallen leader right now.

Better for the man to lose the election, fade to obscurity and then oblivion.

Couldn't agree more

+1

writingprof

Quote from: jimbogumbo on October 05, 2020, 12:13:19 PM
He talked about how much energy he has, but that pretty much ALWAYS happens when you have a hefty dose of steroids.

Biden and his debate-prep team couldn't agree more.

Treehugger

Quote from: Larimar on October 06, 2020, 04:39:29 AM

Couldn't agree more

+1

I agree too. Actually, I think a serious, but non-fatal downturn followed by a drawn-out recovery would the be best scenario for the Dems and the rest of the country. I guess my "thoughts & prayers" are pretty complicated.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Treehugger on October 06, 2020, 05:51:00 AM

Couldn't agree more

+1

I agree too. Actually, I think a serious, but non-fatal downturn followed by a drawn-out recovery would the be best scenario for the Dems and the rest of the country. I guess my "thoughts & prayers" are pretty complicated.

And that Pence gets it so he can't campaign.

Ditto McConnell, and that he is too sick to keep up with his last-minute shennanigans.

jimbogumbo

From Herman Cain's tweets:

6/24: Attends Trump Tulsa rally
7/2:  Tests positive for Covid-19
7/10: Says he's improving
7/15: Says his doctors seem happy
7/27: Says he's really getting better
7/30: Dies

writingprof

Quote from: jimbogumbo on October 06, 2020, 08:19:20 AM
From Herman Cain's tweets:

6/24: Attends Trump Tulsa rally
7/2:  Tests positive for Covid-19
7/10: Says he's improving
7/15: Says his doctors seem happy
7/27: Says he's really getting better
7/30: Dies

You missed "is called an Uncle Tom a lot," though I suppose that's earlier in the timeline.

jimbogumbo

No sir, I did not. I think the President is making a serious mistake, and this is merely an illustration of that point.

And, I am not the one injecting race into conversations where it is irrelevant. That is your deal.

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

secundem_artem

Couldn't agree more

+1

A respiratory crisis in the next few days followed by 7-10 days on a ventilator would be instructive for Orange Julius to learn that his wealth, his power, what he thinks and his overblown sense of self-importance is utterly irrelevant to a virus.  Followed, of course by a full recovery -- sometime well after the election.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

writingprof

Quote from: jimbogumbo on October 06, 2020, 11:16:03 AM
And, I am not the one injecting race into conversations where it is irrelevant. That is your deal.

Point taken.

Quote from: jimbogumbo on October 06, 2020, 11:16:03 AM
No sir, I did not.

And I appreciate the touch o' class.

Treehugger

Has anyone seen the Lincoln Project's new video? It's wonderful — the best Lincoln Project ad yet. For some reason, I can't seem to link it, but just go on YouTube and search for "Lincoln Project" and "Covita." (And yes, it is definitely related to the topic of this thread.)

ergative

Quote from: Treehugger on October 07, 2020, 07:00:00 AM
Has anyone seen the Lincoln Project's new video? It's wonderful — the best Lincoln Project ad yet. For some reason, I can't seem to link it, but just go on YouTube and search for "Lincoln Project" and "Covita." (And yes, it is definitely related to the topic of this thread.)

Hmm. I understand, strategically, why they're hammering the 'I broke my promise' message, but did Trump actually promise to keep his distance at some point?

Treehugger

Quote from: ergative on October 08, 2020, 03:57:15 AM
Quote from: Treehugger on October 07, 2020, 07:00:00 AM

Hmm. I understand, strategically, why they're hammering the 'I broke my promise' message, but did Trump actually promise to keep his distance at some point?

Well, musical comedy has never really been associated with logic, so there is that ....

Bud

Quote from: secundem_artem on October 06, 2020, 01:18:27 PM

Couldn't agree more

+1

A respiratory crisis in the next few days followed by 7-10 days on a ventilator would be instructive for Orange Julius to learn that his wealth, his power, what he thinks and his overblown sense of self-importance is utterly irrelevant to a virus.  Followed, of course by a full recovery -- sometime well after the election.

+1

hmaria1609