News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Mr and Mrs Trump rest positive for Covid-19

Started by engineer_adrift, October 01, 2020, 10:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

writingprof

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on October 02, 2020, 08:16:32 AM
In any case, it takes him out of the game for at least a few weeks, which may be good for him in a way (Trump's numbers usually go up when he stays out of the news) but also prevents him from kicking an already struggling campaign into higher gear.

Oh?  Does COVID affect one's tweeting hand?

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: writingprof on October 02, 2020, 08:34:28 AM
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on October 02, 2020, 08:16:32 AM
In any case, it takes him out of the game for at least a few weeks, which may be good for him in a way (Trump's numbers usually go up when he stays out of the news) but also prevents him from kicking an already struggling campaign into higher gear.

Oh?  Does COVID affect one's tweeting hand?

Ha, I'm sure he'll still be tweeting up a storm, but he won't be able to hold rallies, have a second debate, make public appearances in swing states, or appear in press conferences.  And there is some possibility that he has severe symptoms, including fatigue, that affect his tweeting.

Again, being in the news less frequently may be good for him politically.

mythbuster

I attended a Zoom talk By Dr. Fauci this week. So he's my source for the following facts:
80% of cases have no/mild/moderate symptoms. But, Trump ticks a whole bunch of the risk factor boxes for severe disease. Age, obesity, likely high blood pressure and or cholesterol.

The average incubation period is 5 days, so we should have a good sense by the end of next week if Joe was infected as well.

Also in terms of the election, voting has already begun. I sent my ballot back last week. So this could get very interesting.

fourhats

A family member called me today and said they were sure he was lying about testing positive. They thought he was doing it to get out of the next debate. I disagreed, but they were adamant about it.

ciao_yall

Quote from: fourhats on October 02, 2020, 08:48:04 AM
A family member called me today and said they were sure he was lying about testing positive. They thought he was doing it to get out of the next debate. I disagreed, but they were adamant about it.

Trump supporter or Biden supporter?

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: mythbuster on October 02, 2020, 08:44:51 AM
I attended a Zoom talk By Dr. Fauci this week. So he's my source for the following facts:
80% of cases have no/mild/moderate symptoms. But, Trump ticks a whole bunch of the risk factor boxes for severe disease. Age, obesity, likely high blood pressure and or cholesterol.

The average incubation period is 5 days, so we should have a good sense by the end of next week if Joe was infected as well.

Also in terms of the election, voting has already begun. I sent my ballot back last week. So this could get very interesting.

My strong sense is that this will not affect the election, except Trump won't have quite as many opportunities to delegitimize the process.

Quote from: fourhats on October 02, 2020, 08:48:04 AM

I've seen a lot of this on social media.  People really need to get a grip.

spork

Quote from: mythbuster on October 02, 2020, 08:44:51 AM

Plus he's probably had one or two TIAs/ischemic strokes in the last year, or has a degenerative neurological disease, given his motor skill/speech problems and not-fully-explained medical procedures.

I'm really hoping this is the last election in my lifetime that is dominated by old white men (at both national and state levels). Obama was, I think, 58 or 59 when he left office. Pence is currently 61. For every RBG, there are a dozen doddering grifters happy to take away my freedoms for personal gain. McConnell, for example, is 78.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

Ruralguy

Assuming he more or less recovers in two weeks, then I think the debates can just be reformatted and delayed a few days, or maybe just delayed and done in person, but with no audience, stricter distancing, etc. He will probably want some kind of forum. Biden will probably say something like "Its up to him, its his health, but my team will discuss the details with his"

I don't see how Trump gains from this if its fake, so therefore I conclude its real.
Of course if you just go by the theory that he wants utter chaos, he wants people discussing his potential demise, then, yeah, I suppose that's marginally plausible.
Its insane though, even for him.

secundem_artem

So... Cheeto Jezus gets Covid and dies.  Before passing on to the great golf course in the sky, he passes it on to Mike Pence.  Pence gets sick and dies.

Hello President Pelosi!!

A person can dream, can' they???
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Ruralguy

We've had three straight elections before this one that weren't (totally) old white guys, and before that, although it was all white guys, they weren't always both old.
So, odds are that the next one will have some younger people, or some non-males, non-whites or a combination.

fourhats

QuoteA family member called me today and said they were sure he was lying about testing positive. They thought he was doing it to get out of the next debate. I disagreed, but they were adamant about it.

Biden. I said I didn't see how lying about being infected could possibly help him with his base or undecideds, since he's so insistent about it going away, and holding maskless rallies, and insisting he won the debate.

clean

I imagine that he has the best health care on the planet.  I m sure that he has an unlimited supply of his qualaquin as well! 

From what the president has indicated before, it is nothing worse than the flu, so he should be fine in a matter of days.  I suppose that 'it will magically disappear' from his system in a few days anyway.

But with that out of my system, I do think that he has the best health care on the planet, so I am sure that he will not only survive, but I suspect that he is already taking whatever the top 3 or 4 treatments are.  I suspect that the next debate may well go on as scheduled, though there may be a request for a delay to allow his handlers to work with him on trying to learn/practice a different technique (than the worst of 'reality' talk shows).

Get Well Soon, Mr. and Mrs. President!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

spork

Quote from: fourhats on October 02, 2020, 09:18:36 AM
QuoteA family member called me today and said they were sure he was lying about testing positive. They thought he was doing it to get out of the next debate. I disagreed, but they were adamant about it.

Biden. I said I didn't see how lying about being infected could possibly help him with his base or undecideds, since he's so insistent about it going away, and holding maskless rallies, and insisting he won the debate.

I agree. Infected makes him look even stupider and weaker than he already looked. And sociopaths love being the center of attention, which is what happens with a TV event like a "debate."
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

ergative

I wonder how eager he is now to inject some bleach and shine a SAD lamp down his ear.

ciao_yall

Quote from: spork on October 02, 2020, 09:25:21 AM
Quote from: fourhats on October 02, 2020, 09:18:36 AM

I agree. Infected makes him look even stupider and weaker than he already looked. And sociopaths love being the center of attention, which is what happens with a TV event like a "debate."

Yep. And now that he can't make public appearances for a few weeks, he'll really be breaking his crayons.