News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Vaccination nation

Started by downer, December 23, 2020, 07:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

What's up with this?
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/health-canada-adds-autoimmune-disorder-warning-to-astrazeneca-j-j-covid-19-vaccines/ar-AAQvG5g

I thought the majority view was that the vaccines are not only safe, but incapable of having long term health ill effects, because they just were not that sort of chemical. The only effects they could have would be short term. But apparently not.

Can we expect similar warnings for Moderna and Pfizer?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

jimbogumbo

Quote from: downer on November 11, 2021, 03:11:26 PM
What's up with this?
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/health-canada-adds-autoimmune-disorder-warning-to-astrazeneca-j-j-covid-19-vaccines/ar-AAQvG5g

I thought the majority view was that the vaccines are not only safe, but incapable of having long term health ill effects, because they just were not that sort of chemical. The only effects they could have would be short term. But apparently not.

Can we expect similar warnings for Moderna and Pfizer?

Doubtful. The Atrazeneca vaccine is not mRNA based (Pfizer and Moderna), bur rather is an adenovirus vector vaccine like Johnson and Johnson.

nebo113

I live in a purple state but in MAGA territory.  Our covid rate is 4X that of the state.

apl68

Scheduled for a booster shot tomorrow.  Here's hoping it goes as smoothly as the original shots did.  I really don't need to be out of commission for a couple of days.  Especially not Saturday, when I need to be available to help set up and staff a special event.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

I am teaching from the couch today 36 hours post booster.  None of the individual symptoms are too bad, but collectively, they are too much.

Pretty much the same as shot #2
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Sun_Worshiper

I got boosted a few weeks ago. My only side effect was a sore arm for a few days (Pfizer for all three shots). My wife got the Moderna after having had J&J - no side effects.

Caracal

Quote from: downer on November 11, 2021, 03:11:26 PM
What's up with this?

I don't think that's exactly right. They say cases show up within a few weeks. Other rare side effects of vaccines like blood clots or heart problems could certainly also cause longer term health problems. The point scientists have made about long term effects is that there are no mechanisms by which side effects are going to show up months or years after people get vaccines. All of the very rare side effects, including this one, are things that happen shortly after you get vaccinated.

apl68

I only seem to have a sore shoulder, as I did when I got my first shots.  The nurse who gave me the shot says that she has been giving a lot of them.  There was a steady stream going through when I was there.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

clean

got boosted today.  the location is at a mall.  lines not too, too long but parking was scarce!

hopefully it will be a minimal reaction!  I dont want to be out of it the weekend before Exams!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

AvidReader

Got boosted last week (Moderna after Pfizer, thanks to Puget & secundem_artem).

Pfizer second shot (in the Spring) was quite bad: I was in bed with fever & chills 8 hours after the shot and manifested every side effect on the list for the next 48 hours, with muscle & lymph pain, fatigue, and arm soreness lingering for the week following. During the initial 48 hours, I managed to stagger to the bathroom only with assistance and could not stand up unsupported.

Moderna booster (last week) was a welcome change. Fever & chills didn't come for almost 24 hours after the shot, and lasted only about 24 hours. Much less nausea and no vomiting. No dizziness, and I was even able to stand and walk to the bathroom without assistance. Muscle and lymph pain, while still severe, only lingered about 5 days (about the same as my flu shot this year). So much better! I'm hoping that any future boosters will be a similar half-dose and inspire similarly less severe reactions.

AR.

clean

it has been 29 hours, and I dont think that i have had any side effects.  my arm hurts at the injection site only if I rub it.  (So dont touch!)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

nebo113

When I got the first Pfizer shot, the jabber told me to move my arm around, pump it up and down, etc.  I did so for both vaxxes, the booster, and my flu shot, and had very, very little discomfort at the site of the injection or in my arm.

Sun_Worshiper

I got flu shot and a tetanus booster at my physical last week - one in each arm. Same side effects as Covid shot, meaning I had two sore arms all weekend.

secundem_artem

I was in a meeting this morning to discuss vaccine issues here in the State of Artem.  One person on the call is a public health nurse in one of our southern tier counties.  It's where the stupid starts in our state until you cross the border and enter a state where the real crazy begins.

Said nurse mentioned that in her community, the locals will talk endlessly about their rights - right to carry a gun, right to refuse to wear a mask, right to refuse a vaccine, rights rights rights morning till night.  Cause is says so in the Constitution.  Never a mention of any attendant responsibilities such FREEEEEEDOM types keep rabbiting on about.

Having grown up outside these here Excited States this simply confirms my bias that the US Constitution is primarily a fetish object to fuel the masturbatory fantasies of a bunch of wooly hatted mouth breathers.

Once upon a time, every American thought they were a constitutional scholar.  Now, they're all epidemiologists too.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances