News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

k16....where are you?

Started by nebo113, January 03, 2021, 06:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

I don't think we've heard from k16 lately.  Is anyone in contact?  The last I recall is that s/he was concerned about an elderly relative.

Parasaurolophus

Last active on January 2, last posts on December 30.
I know it's a genus.

kaysixteen

Thanks for asking.  Two weeks ago I did finally lose access to the wifi Hotspot I had been using since the spring.   Since then I have had to use my smartphone for net access,  and writing forum posts is much more challenging  therewith.   I haven'tyet gotten round to going to local Comcast office to buy a regular net access plan, collect a modem,  and then bring it home to try to set it up, something I have never done before.   Comcast has sent me, as it happens,  a pair of excellent sounding junk mail offers for various cable/net/phone bundle deals,  which should save me money vs buying cable and access to defunct Hotspot separately,  so I will head there on day off Monday and take the plunge.  I am relying on information I got from a church buddy who is a comp sci grad student,  puts our weekly services on YouTube, etc, .as to what to say to service rep and then what to do when I get home, but my previous interactions with Comcast reps, and my strong lack of tech savvy,  have combined to fill me with some real  trepidation.   But I need access to net enabled computer to actively prosecute my work search,  which for private schools and adjunct work alike is about to kick into high gear right now,  so I will just have to suck it up and get it done.  Of course, I can also take church guy up on his offer to come to my apartment and set it up for me, though I really want to at least attempt to get it right myself.

nebo113

kaysixteen

apl68

Good luck on getting the connectivity issues worked out.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Verizon will set up all that, you don't have to go buy the modem, etc.

I had unfortunate interactions with Comcast, so I won't use them (they gratuitously stripped out the wires leading to the Vzn box at a place I had moved to when it wasn't in the way; when asked why, they said, "Oh, we always do that" (....translated, means, "so you'll have to have us come back anyway, and then you might as well have us do the installation, and buy from us, too, right?)

Caveat emptor...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.