News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Forum Update!

Started by eigen, January 07, 2021, 03:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eigen

Hi all:

I'm going to try to update the forum software this evening- it should take care of some of the recent issues. As with any update, there's always a chance of failure. The backup location on reddit (r/thefora) now exists for that reason.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

eigen

Well that seems to have gone smoothly! Forum updated to 2.0.17. Please note any bugs you find.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

Puget

Thanks eigen! All looks back to normal.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Langue_doc

namazu

A tip of my hat to you, eigen!

Liquidambar

Way to go, eigen!  It looks back to normal to me, so far.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

hmaria1609

Thanks for the maintenance/software update!

aside

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Hibush

Thanks a lot! This outfit has a top-notch IT division.

ergative

The update seems to have gone through perfectly. Thanks so much!

sinenomine

"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

traductio

Just adding my voice to the chorus of appreciators -- thanks so much!

Larimar