News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Do You 'Have a Case of the Mondays?'

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, April 19, 2021, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AB9zPfXqQQ

Feel free to post your Murphy's law-related events here.

Car #2 had to be towed to the mechanic again because it wouldn't start despite them 'fixing' it a week and a half ago. The tow company thinks that the distance from our house to the mechanic is almost double what it actually is. I argued with them on the phone and they basically didn't do anything about it (sided with the driver), so we won't use them again. The price difference was small and I wouldn't have been so annoyed about it if this hadn't been the SECOND time they overcharged us.

There was a gas leak and the road to the recycling place was shut down. So, I had to take a detour. Nobody wore a mask at the recycling place and they gave me some nice dirty cash. I then got turned around and ended up going 8 miles out of my way (including the detour). I missed my doctor's appointment because of all of this. I tried calling them three times, but they didn't pick up the phone, so I left a message.

I suppose this also falls under the 'First World Problems' thread, but since it's a Monday, I'll put it here.

dismalist

I have a case of the Mondays each Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

lightning

I wish there was a Chotchkie's near by building. . . and the weird dip in the ground on the way there.

apl68

Not usually.  This afternoon, however, I spent some time trying to fix a minor piece of equipment and ended up only wasting my time.  My case of afternoon fatigue turned into feeling totally wiped out.  Earlier today I was confronted with another piece of gear that was acting up.  It shouldn't be a difficult fix, but I couldn't get it taken care of right away.  It only takes a couple of issues like this in a given day to make you feel like you've spent the whole day failing to accomplish anything.  Even if that's not really the case.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

I'm really tired, partially from having had to stay up late to prep my Saturday AM talk (after finding out I'd mis-attributed one of my visual sources to the wrong studio; I had to backtrack and pull new comparanda to replace those meant to go with the main piece, just very glad I caught it BEFORE the talk...)....

...and partially because last night, after sort-of catching up on Friday's sleep, I was in that dazed frame of mind that had me, um, well, reading the Fora, and doing the latest New Yorker cross-word puzzle (which isn't hard, but takes time), and...

...and partially because...I dunno, I'm just tired!

BUT the good news is that my 8-year-old theory student just did a return demonstration of all three levels of scale analysis (notes, intervals, and chords) by filling in the blank staves as instructed with his online annotation on our shared screen, and he got them all right.

He also passed the listening questions, where I played stuff for him and had him identify whether the first few notes were scales or chords (missed a couple, but they're harder to hear.)

So, I'm still tired, but rather happy. (We had to stop in the middle so he could show me his dragon Zoom background, but if that helped him with his "Mondays," so much the better. I'm convinced he just thinks I'm a rather large 8-year-old...)

So....hmmm.....once dinner is done, I'm giving myself an hour before I fall asleep....if it even takes that long.

Mmmmzzzzz......
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.