News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Chinese Rocket

Started by Economizer, May 08, 2021, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Economizer

I think I heard 2 quick booms in succession a few minutes ago. I am in the piedmont region of the Southeast USA. COULD THEY HAVE BEEN SONIC BOOMS related to the anticipated crash of the Chinese craft supposed to crash somewhere about now (10 PM EST)?  How long/far would rocket travel after "the booms"? The sounds were not very, very loud.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Economizer

Hmmm..'scope it out and report!
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

dismalist

That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

Economizer

I had hoped to get conjecture from numbers crunchers on matters related to the possible crash. Do they not work weekends?

dismalist

Nothing to worry about.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

Ruralguy

The keep pushing reentry southward in the next orbit. I think as now, northwest Indian Ocean, but was Mediterranean
A few minutes ago. Likely will fall I. Less than an hour.

By the way about 2-3 hours ago if in Southeast, may have been near the Wallops Island launch. That was supposed to be tonight.

Ruralguy

Reports in Mideast media suggest it was spotted over Israel, then Saudi Arabia, but no confirmed sightings after that, suggesting the speculated Indian Ocean crash.

Economizer

Related news: ELON MUSK opened Saturday Night Live just moments ago. He did not crash! Actually, amateurish but funny. And, his Mom is kind of cute!!