News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Physical Health Issues

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, May 25, 2021, 09:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

I just got a call from my doc that I need re imaging of a certain part of my body (this has happened before). They won't tell me anything until I can get another scan. How do you deal with this? I'm trying to not freak out. So, I think I will distract myself by doing some intensive yard work. There is a tree limb that I need to cut up.

dr_codex

So sorry to hear this.

The waiting is the worst, but that may be some of my own hang-ups talking.

Distractions are good. Doing something with others is helpful.
back to the books.

ciao_yall

I'm always getting called in for rescans that turn out to be nothing. So I have gotten used to the drill.  But yeah, the first few times were a bit scary.

Especially when I was called into the oncology center where they had all sorts of portraits of survivors and they sold fancy head scarfs. Come on, really? I was freaking out a bit but no, just some dense tissue.

Oh, and the time I got dressed and was in the parking lot when the nurse yelled after me to come back because they needed to take another scan. I thought she was panicking, no, turns out she had a break in the schedule and wanted to fit me in.

Volhiker78

Sorry you have to deal with this.  My thoughts are with you during this stressful time.   Yard work sounds good;  just be careful using power saws!!!

mahagonny

I'm getting a bladder biopsy to see if that red spot is anything. Anticipation is half the fun!

Sorry to hear  about this stress, my pixellated colleague. I do think physical labor takes an edge off the stress, and gives one feeling of accomplishment. Get the dopamine moving through your blood. Kava kava tea is good too (contains a mild tranquilizer.)

smallcleanrat

Distraction is good.

Also, kitties.

Morden

Wishing you all the best. I find vigorous weeding very therapeutic when I am anxious.

ab_grp

That is really tough to deal with, the uncertainty.  I hope so much that it turns out to be fine for you.  The first time I had to have a scan, they had me pick up the big old prints of it to take to the ENT, and I purposely didn't look at them until after the appointment and things were reasonably okay (not that I could really understand what I would have been looking at, so I figured it might just worry me more).  It was so nerve wracking.  I didn't even want to touch the envelope that held them.  And I have had to have follow ups on it each year, which are usually reasonably fine, but one year recently there was some concern, so that got that anxiety going again (turned out okay, though).  I don't know what necessarily helps, other than to think that there isn't anything I can do about it other than get the re-scan and etc.  And distract myself a lot! Cutting up a tree limb sounds like it might help.  Wishing you all the best.  Hopefully you can get it out of the way rather than have to worry about it without any info.

clean

Thinking happy thoughts for you!

Good luck!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

Thanks everyone. I tend to go into panic mode and think worst-case-scenario. It's my MO. Anyway, I'm glad I can put my feelers out and know that there are some people who can empathize/sympathize.

On another note, I hope your biopsy goes well, mahagonny.

And, YES, SO and I went outside and attacked the tree limb that I dropped yesterday. It helps. Actually, I overheated, it's 90 deg. F here (though it 'feels' like 100) came inside and took a shower. SO is still out there. I plan to get him in a few min.

AmLitHist

Been there, done that, EPW.  Sending hugs and good wishes.