Author Topic: Oh, Well, Why Not? A Lonely Hearts Thread Redux...  (Read 111 times)

mamselle

• Use your wit and intelligence to figure out how to be kinder
  • Distinguished Senior Member
  • Wondering, Wandering Sr. Member
  • CHE Posts: 4,618
Oh, Well, Why Not? A Lonely Hearts Thread Redux...
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:34:28 AM »
After AGAIN mis-reading the last word of the "Ventilation and Filtration" thread as "Flirtation," I figured I should follow my own Freudian slips down to the lingerie department and start this thread.

I don't have that much to say, myself; I've been so busy over the past few years with my own work, and teaching, and so on, that I'm not really looking.

At least, I keep saying that.

The activities I once joined, in part to see if there were any uncaught fish in the sea, mostly because I just liked doing them, were interactive--swing dance, in particular, would be hard to do in lockdown, although I've been active with the online folk dance group because those can be done by oneself--and I finally hit the point where I realized maybe I really wasn't looking all that hard anymore, anyway.

And then someone shows up here or there, in real life or online, and one still says, "Hm. Maybe."

So maybe I haven't really stopped looking after all.

Anyone else? 

This may not get as steamy or as fraught as its ancestor CHE thread did--or it might--but it seems like a good idea for the moment.

So--have at it, if you wish!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.