evil_physics_witchcraft

monarda

so many songs from Hamilton are in my head

ab_grp

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on August 17, 2020, 12:33:14 PM
Here's something even worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Thanks SO.

Just so you know, I was only recently able to remove from my brain the insult you added to my injury after listening to many songs on a Spotify playlist that had been curated for me based on my assumed listening preferences.  And I had to listen to a lot of very bizarre and, sometimes, awful songs to get to this point.  But, I think both of our posted songs are now out of my head (agh trying to come back). ;-)

mamselle

"Casey Jones," both because one of my students is working on it, and because the phrase, "two locomotives that are going to bump!" is going around and around as something prophetic, in my mind....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on August 17, 2020, 05:37:13 PM
"Casey Jones," both because one of my students is working on it, and because the phrase, "two locomotives that are going to bump!" is going around and around as something prophetic, in my mind....

M.

Now, this is in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxCfnq7A56M

Economizer

Quote from: Economizer on August 10, 2020, 06:18:05 PM
Operatic presentation in a TV commercial format for J.G. Wentworth, a consumer loan concern. The voices are very pleasing, as is the setting, a public city bus loaded with an assortment of passengers. The singers were a cross section of the general public, black/white/male/female/young/old. I did notice that there were no Arabs, Hispanos, Asians portrayed or featured, although one Norse "warrior" became prominent. Also, the theme of the presentation seemed to me of great relevance and wide appeal to current audiences.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

MarathonRunner

Quote from: monarda on August 17, 2020, 04:31:15 PM
so many songs from Hamilton are in my head

Yes! I've watched Hamilton on Disney Plus twice, and so many Hamilton songs are now in my head: You'll Be Back, What'd I Miss, Room Where It Happens, My Shot, etc. So many Hamilton songs are such earworms! Even my "default" songs to get rid of earworms (i.e. The Beatles Oh La Di) don't work!

notmycircus

You Make My Dreams by Hall and Oates.  Jimmy Butler, Miami Heat.  Great ad.

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74SxUZ4D9S8

Parasaurolophus

Brody Dalle - Meet the Foetus/Oh the Joy

(I haven't met anybody. I'm just on a Brody Dalle kick today.)
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 12, 2021, 09:46:25 AM
Brody Dalle - Meet the Foetus/Oh the Joy

(I haven't met anybody. I'm just on a Brody Dalle kick today.)

Thanks for clarifying!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Vkw10

The 1812 Overture? At least, I think that's what I'm hearing random snatches of today. Going to listen to some Hall & Oates (see notmycircus's post) in an attempt to clear my head.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

Wahoo Redux

"Do You Wanna Touch" - - - Joan Jett.

I hadn't thought of that song in years until a Joan Jett documentary turned up on NetFlix.

At least it is a great old rocking tune!!!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

mamselle

"Ode to Joy," because my recorder student just played it for his lesson.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.