Main Menu

Worst candy

Started by jimbogumbo, October 12, 2021, 10:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hegemony

I love Peeps.

I hate licorice. I hate candy corn.

evil_physics_witchcraft

SO dislikes wax lips/bottles, those peanut butter orange and black Halloween candies (I don't mind them), Tootsie rolls (I think they're ok), Dots, black licorice and anything with coconut or marshmallow fluff in it.

I dislike root beer, black licorice, Circus peanuts and I'm not a fan of red hots or fireballs.

clean

Circus Peanuts are like Vienna Sausages.... you eat one and think, "These are Great!  Why dont I eat more of these?"  then you eat a second and think, "hmmm...."  After the third, you think, "OMG, there are still 6 more in them!!"

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

onehappyunicorn

Yeah, my brother loves circus peanuts, I can't say the same. They were a desperate "I have no other candy left from halloween" thing when I was a kid.
I like peanut butter but the orange and black peanut butter taffy that shows up around halloween is pretty terrible.
The candy corn pumpkins are even worse for me, it's like three or four candy corns mashed together, ick.
I can't abide black licorice, especially the really strong stuff. If death had a flavor I imagine that would be it.
I don't think those wax lips should be allowed to be considered candy.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: onehappyunicorn on October 13, 2021, 08:31:24 AM

I can't abide black licorice, especially the really strong stuff. If death had a flavor I imagine that would be it.

I imagine you don't care for salty licorice either, then?
I know it's a genus.

lilyb

My department sets out a large bowl of assorted candies for majors: M and Ms, Twix, Almond Joys, etc.

After students ravage the bowl, Snickers remain, for weeks. We literally can't give them away.

Snickers are the abject of the candy world.

Morden

Here's a retro one for Canadians--Thrills gum (it was purple and tasted like soap)
Actually, I also remember gummy candies that tasted like soap.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Morden on October 13, 2021, 09:11:46 AM
Here's a retro one for Canadians--Thrills gum (it was purple and tasted like soap)
Actually, I also remember gummy candies that tasted like soap.

I never encountered it, but it looks like you can buy it on Well.ca ...
I know it's a genus.

Istiblennius

Quote from: Volhiker78 on October 12, 2021, 03:49:56 PM
Not real fond of black licorice.  Red licorice ok.

The blennius household is sharply divided on licorice terms. Three of us love black licorice and one doesn't.

We're evenly split on twizzlers vs. red vines. I believe it comes down to whether one prefers the texture of plastic (twizzlers) or wax (red vines).

onehappyunicorn

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 13, 2021, 08:37:37 AM
Quote from: onehappyunicorn on October 13, 2021, 08:31:24 AM

I imagine you don't care for salty licorice either, then?
I have seen salt licorice but never eaten any. I can't imagine I would enjoy it but if someone else bought it I would at least try it.

ergative

Quote from: lilyb on October 13, 2021, 09:08:05 AM
My department sets out a large bowl of assorted candies for majors: M and Ms, Twix, Almond Joys, etc.

After students ravage the bowl, Snickers remain, for weeks. We literally can't give them away.

Wow, I consider Snickers definitely a Tier 1 candy.

Harlow2

Quote from: ergative on October 13, 2021, 12:20:01 PM
Quote from: lilyb on October 13, 2021, 09:08:05 AM

Wow, I consider Snickers definitely a Tier 1 candy.

And a hiking staple.   Ok, wrong thread

ciao_yall

Wow. Snickers are the best!

Vkw10

Dark chocolate Mallo Cups. I love dark chocolate. I love Mallo Cups. But the combination of dark chocolate and sweet marshmallow ruins both for me.

Peanut M&Ms aren't the worst, but they're bad. M&Ms should melt in my mouth, but those peanuts don't.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ciao_yall

Quote from: Vkw10 on October 13, 2021, 06:11:55 PM

Peanut M&Ms aren't the worst, but they're bad. M&Ms should melt in my mouth, but those peanuts don't.

My favorite snack for years was microwaving a bag of popcorn then adding 2 bags of Peanut M&Ms.