Author Topic: What's your weather?  (Read 26617 times)

apl68

• Distinguished Senior Member
Re: What's your weather?
« Reply #660 on: October 08, 2021, 07:10:26 AM »
The forecast temperatures for the weekend just keep going up every day.  We're now looking at highs in the 90s over the next three consecutive days.  Since our highs tend to beat the forecast by a couple of degrees, we're likely to be baking in the mid-90s by Sunday.  At least we have fewer hours of direct sunlight.  Most of our fall foliage will probably be a loss.
Don't lay up treasures for yourselves on Earth, where they can decay or be stolen.  Lay up treasures for yourselves in Heaven, where there is no decay or theft.  Where your treasure is, you heart will be also.

You can't take it with you.  You can only send it on ahead.

AmLitHist

« Reply #661 on: October 11, 2021, 11:41:46 AM »
After a way-too-hot mid-October weekend, the tornado sirens just went off.  It's been windy and wild all morning, though I did manage to get both my virtual classes in, between storms. Pretty typical for the transition into fall for this area.

We're expecting unsettled and rainy weather all week, dropping from the recent low 90s into the 70s. Lots of greenish and yellowing leaves are already falling in today's wind.

mamselle

• Use your wit and intelligence to figure out how to be kinder
  • Wondering, Wandering Sr. Member
  • CHE Posts: 4,618
« Reply #662 on: October 11, 2021, 12:55:19 PM »
Lovely, cool, clear, buttermilk skies in which the sun arose over the water as I walked by the river; lots of good pictures with blushes of fall color here and there, and some cool metallic water-reflections of houses, trees, and birds in them.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

• CHE Posts: 7,653
« Reply #663 on: October 12, 2021, 12:02:33 PM »
It's been relatively cooler here for a few days.  Today is very windy and dusty.  No mountains in sight at the moment.

mamselle

« Reply #664 on: October 12, 2021, 01:21:19 PM »
Dunno--at least not by direct observation.

I've had early-AM meetings or lessons every day so far this week so I couldn't get out and walk.

Tomorrow...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

« Reply #665 on: October 13, 2021, 06:20:57 AM »
Sweltering until Saturday.  Fingers crossed that the relief won't evaporate from the forecast by then, as it often does.  At least it's pretty out.
Don't lay up treasures for yourselves on Earth, where they can decay or be stolen.  Lay up treasures for yourselves in Heaven, where there is no decay or theft.  Where your treasure is, you heart will be also.

mamselle

« Reply #666 on: October 13, 2021, 07:41:42 AM »
Cool, comfy, bright, nice.

Two swans and a heron thought so, too....

M.

apl68

« Reply #667 on: October 13, 2021, 10:34:21 AM »
Lovely birds, mamselle!

mamselle

« Reply #668 on: October 13, 2021, 11:16:15 AM »
Lovely birds, mamselle!

Thanks!

Yes, I got some good pictures, too....and the sun has that golden fall glow on the yellow leaves and the trees are turning Corot red....

Fall is my time.

M.