News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dog to English Translator

Started by archaeo42, May 21, 2019, 05:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

houses are so close together in my neighborhood that if I open the back door the neighboring flea bags start barking.
IF I even make a loud noise inside my house, that can set them off too.

I have complained to my neighbors (we no longer speak to each other) about the barking and the reply was "its a dog. They bark".  We no longer speak because I complained to the city about the late night/early morning barking.  So I and the bad guy!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: clean on May 19, 2020, 11:35:15 AM
houses are so close together in my neighborhood that if I open the back door the neighboring flea bags start barking.
IF I even make a loud noise inside my house, that can set them off too.

I have complained to my neighbors (we no longer speak to each other) about the barking and the reply was "its a dog. They bark".  We no longer speak because I complained to the city about the late night/early morning barking.  So I and the bad guy!!

Are the dogs outside all of the time? Your city may have some kind of ordinance. I feel bad for the dogs, there's probably some kind of behavioral issue going on (maybe they're bored), but I also understand how incredibly frustrating it can be to have that kind of auditory annoyance.

clean

They split their time between being inside and outside. 
One of the more annoying times was that the smaller dog would stand at the back door and bark and bark to be let back in. 

I think that it was one of the neighbor's parent's dog and I think that she was in the deaf range.  However I believe that she has departed (maybe this plane of existence, and maybe just this neighborhood, but  the dog remains.

Now there are 2 dogs.  I dont know if that makes it better or worse.  I suppose that the smaller dog's barking is more frequent but in comparison, less annoying, so I have become less effected by it, unless I go outside. 

My neighbors are idiots and assholes.  Once, their cat got in my garage.  I didnt know it and it had to be in there for a couple of weeks!  I was putting clothes in the dryer (door shared with the garage) and I heard the cat.  I opened the door, saw the cat and my garage covered in cat hair.  I opened the garage door and the cat escaped. I went next door and told the neighbors that the cat had been in my garage. The wife says, "yea, we were looking for her and we heard her in there".   
BUT they never said anything to ME about their cat being trapped inside my garage! 
After the cat escaped, I saw it one other time  and not again, so I dont think that it survived much after it got out.  At least I didnt have to clean up dead cat!

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

San Joaquin

Gizmo has been returned to the state of his birth, albeit a very different part of the state.  He enjoyed the long drive here very much, and like many an intrepid explorer before him, claimed large swaths of the intervening territory along the way.  He seems a little disappointed not to get to walk in new places every day now.

We did, however, just get discovered by the two cats next door.  Perhaps buddies?  Time will tell...

nebo113

Quote from: San Joaquin on June 03, 2020, 11:33:53 AM
Gizmo has been returned to the state of his birth, albeit a very different part of the state.  He enjoyed the long drive here very much, and like many an intrepid explorer before him, claimed large swaths of the intervening territory along the way.  He seems a little disappointed not to get to walk in new places every day now.

We did, however, just get discovered by the two cats next door.  Perhaps buddies?  Time will tell...

Thank you for giving me a smile.  I can absolutely picture this....

pink_

I adopted a puppy three weeks ago. Pink_Dog is 12 and in good health for an elderdog, and she's mostly enjoying the new chew toy ;) but man, oh man. I am learning why they call it "house breaking": I am just shy of being completely broken. The puppy is 14 weeks, which I know is just a tricky age. He really wants to be a good dog, and every once in a while, I get a glimpse of the dog he'll grow into, and then a few hours later, he will pee on the floor. Despite regular trips outside. Alas.

Pink-Dog was a couple months older when I adopted her, and I completely underestimated how much difference that time made. She was through the worst of the chewing and was housebroken in a week. The little dude just isn't there yet.

mamselle

Awww...I envy the licks and ear-scritch options, but I hear you on the training issues.

There's a reason they look so loveable...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

nebo113

Henri the canine is a gnawer....his toes, my hand....and last night the hem of my pajama top.....when I was wearing it!  Little stinker.

mamselle

Glad to see this thread up! I've been missing the puppy entries.

I keep wondering on my walks, who is sadder, me for not being able to pet all the neighborhood dogs I know, or them for wondering why I'm not petting them (a couple clearly come running up expecting attention and I have to say to their owners, "Please give them extra scritches for me!")

I also wonder how the current circumstances will affect the socialization of new puppies. Some may grow up without every knowing/realizing that other people besides their owners can be their friends....

M. 

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

nebo113

Quote from: mamselle on November 19, 2020, 05:55:27 AM
Glad to see this thread up! I've been missing the puppy entries.

I keep wondering on my walks, who is sadder, me for not being able to pet all the neighborhood dogs I know, or them for wondering why I'm not petting them (a couple clearly come running up expecting attention and I have to say to their owners, "Please give them extra scritches for me!")

I also wonder how the current circumstances will affect the socialization of new puppies. Some may grow up without every knowing/realizing that other people besides their owners can be their friends....

M.

Are you reluctant to get within 6 feet of the dogrent, even with a mask?

mamselle

I missed the question because it was hidden in the quote!

Yes, sans vax status, I maintain the usual 6 ft. distance.

We can talk, of course, and do, but I ask them to give the doggies scritches for me vicariously...

M.

apl68

Sunday evening our Bible study group met around a campfire.  The host family's two big dogs joined us.  I got to do a lot of good petting.  They wondered whether one of the dogs might end up trying to go home with me!  The older of the two dogs once invited me inside when I missed a last-minute change of plans and arrived at the house when nobody else was there.  It's a good thing for them that I'm not a burglar.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

What kind(s) of dogs are they?

M.

apl68

If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Aww....retrievers....they do love their people.

Mixes are so cool, too...little "Heinze 47's" as my dad used to call them--all varieties of dog type blended together, and often very, very affectionate.

M.