News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Chronicle forum post counts

Started by kaysixteen, May 23, 2019, 09:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfoPri

Okay, glad to have the comma, but why is the post counter here not counting my posts?  The count says "1" when this here is my fourth post (so it should be reading "3" until I hit "Post" on this message).  Is this part of working out the kinks?

polly_mer

Quote from: InfoPri on June 04, 2019, 01:37:24 AM
Okay, glad to have the comma, but why is the post counter here not counting my posts?  The count says "1" when this here is my fourth post (so it should be reading "3" until I hit "Post" on this message).  Is this part of working out the kinks?

Huh, that's a new problem.  Yes, let's call it working out the kinks.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Liquidambar

Maybe posts on the Help board don't count?
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

Liquidambar

Okay, my post count didn't increase after that last post.  So perhaps this theory is correct.

(Now why can't I find the edit button anymore?)
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

Liquidambar

Okay, this particular board is just weird, probably because it's the one where guests can post without logging in.  My post count incremented and I saw the edit button when I posted on a different board.

eigen

Hmm, that's strange. My assumption is that it's this broad because guests can post... but I'll dig into the settings more later.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

eigen

Ok, so it should just be this board that isn't counting posts.

The reason behind that is that this board (Help) is specifically for people who do not have accounts (or can't access their accounts) to post, and as such, it's more vulnerable to spam.

If we count posts here, that allows spammers to post a bunch here and use that to bypass the security on the other sets of boards.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

InfoPri

Quote from: eigen on June 04, 2019, 10:42:59 AM
If we count posts here, that allows spammers to post a bunch here and use that to bypass the security on the other sets of boards.

Makes perfect sense.  Thanks for figuring it out!

mozman

Hibush

Bbmaj7b5

Longtime poster, changed into a new moniker for the switchover.

namazu

Quote from: Bbmaj7b5 on June 26, 2019, 03:36:37 PM
Welcome, new/old friend. You have good taste in music!

Bbmaj7b5

Quote from: namazu on June 26, 2019, 04:05:06 PM
Quote from: Bbmaj7b5 on June 26, 2019, 03:36:37 PM
Welcome, new/old friend!

Thanks! It's a chord in one of my favorite jazz songs ever.

namazu

Quote from: Bbmaj7b5 on June 26, 2019, 04:20:10 PM
Thanks! It's a chord in one of my favorite jazz songs ever.
I like it!  I have the recording from Kind of Blue.