News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Post your asides here

Started by aside, June 05, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

I would add to the conversation but I'm boycotting that thread.

What is a professional snarker to do?

Langue_doc

I meant to post in the "Misread thread titles". Now if the thread had been about faculty, poisoned and poisoning, I would have found it interesting.

polly_mer

A relevant term here is sealioning: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning
QuoteSealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment that consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mahagonny

' "Salaries for college professors have escalated significantly," he said. "They should be good, but they have escalated significantly." Further, he explained that there is "a lot of competition for the finest professors. They all want the Nobel laureates." '

Vice President Joe Biden

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

mahagonny

Yes, guitar is a wonderful hobby, so I hear. Enjoy.

Bbmaj7b5

The notion of someone being dragged kicking and screaming into a forum discussion, like they were Al Pacino in "Godfather III," is hilarious.

Admit it - you just wanted to urinate in the pool a little longer.

lightning

Somebody needs to trade in their persecution passport for a set of cajones and get themselves a real job.

mahagonny

What I have posted about weed are only facts. One, I don't like the way it affects me. Two, all smoke is bad for your lungs. Three, it causes paranoia and chronic depersonalization disorder in some people. Four, there is peer pressure. I have not posted any judgment against people using it if that's their choice. I've even defended one or two. I don't want to be judgmental that way! You don't have to like everyone you meet here, but you should avoid inaccurate insinuations. That's all.

jimbogumbo

I'm done with you. You want to be angry, and I don't. I'm not part of any privileged group in relation to you, and frankly don't want to ever interact with you in any way. You seem incapable of engaging in any form of discourse without playing one of several victim cards.

mahagonny

OK, Accepted. You can be done with me. In my fatigued state I thought it was you not some other poster who hit me with the 'R' word. That poster deserves to be ignored.

downer

My guess is that you guys are just trying to avoid grading. What other explanation could there be?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mahagonny on April 21, 2021, 02:55:46 AM
OK, Accepted. You can be done with me. In my fatigued state I thought it was you not some other poster who hit me with the 'R' word. That poster deserves to be ignored.

What, Republican? It's true, I can't say it without contempt.
I know it's a genus.

FishProf

Oh look, an entire conference of pots and kettles.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

jimbogumbo

Sorry Wahoo-didn't spring from pedantry. Father worked in the insurance agency as an agent, and $60K seemed way off from my experience. Plus, my wife worked 20 years as a graphic artist (AA) for a large hospital group and was only making $55, and daughter (AS) with a 15 years for a different group is only at $42.