News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow2

None of the predicted freezes happened at my house, so the remaining tomatoes are still ok. But yikes, the wind.  Bird feeder is sideways.

OneMoreYear

Ugh, had to scrape the car this morning for the 1st time. Even with DST, it was dark out. 

ab_grp

Quote from: OneMoreYear on November 02, 2020, 12:24:02 PM
Ugh, had to scrape the car this morning for the 1st time. Even with DST, it was dark out.

I don't miss those days!  Sorry that the ritual has begun, again.

mamselle

Colder. Rainy, after all that snow (now melted?)

Slushy, maybe?

I don't know.

I'm not going out.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Langue_doc

Sunny but windy. It was almost a struggle to walk back from the poll site.

ab_grp

It's the morning, so a little chilly, but not too bad.  It's sunny, cloudless, still, and lovely.  A nice way to start the day.

Parasaurolophus

Solid rain today, and chilly.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Well, if "weather" includes movement in the earth's crust (interthreadulity), I think we just had a tiny temblor a bit ago.

I've felt them twice before; this wasn't as sustained as the last time (8-10 yrs ago), but was more like the mini-ripple that rolled through and woke me at 7 AM c.1980.

Weird.

Glad it didn't last longer, or do more.

I got a USGS notification confirming it just a few min. ago, so I'm not dreaming it...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Remarkably warm.  I ran my fan last night.  At least I didn't need my air conditioner. 

It's generally nice outside lately.  A lot of overcast, though.  Which is nice in its own way because it helps the fall colors to show up better.  When I was traveling last week I never saw a single cloud.  The endless glare made it hard to appreciate the fall colors in the northern part of the state.  No rain in the forecast for some days yet.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

notmycircus

72 and sunny.  Cleveland.  Projected record buster later today in high 70's.

Harlow2

5 days and counting of glorious October weather.  Makes up for the December weather we had in October.

ab_grp

It's been very windy the past two days due to some front moving in.  We have barely been able to see the mountains through the haze, and the air quality is poor.  But, our (older, retired) neighbors have been out doing some sort of landscaping project all morning.  They have more energy than I can conceive of right now.

paultuttle

This is the last beautiful day this week before the cold rain moves in tomorrow. The mist between the flaming-gold-and-red trees this morning was truly spectacular; now, the sun peeks out from behind the clouds every so often and lights up the trees again.

ab_grp

Quote from: paultuttle on November 10, 2020, 09:19:11 AM
This is the last beautiful day this week before the cold rain moves in tomorrow. The mist between the flaming-gold-and-red trees this morning was truly spectacular; now, the sun peeks out from behind the clouds every so often and lights up the trees again.

Sounds like an amazing sight!