News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

the "things you wish you could say" thread

Started by archaeo42, May 30, 2019, 01:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vkw10

Thank you for giving clear instructions, with working links to needed forms, and adequate notice of your need for information. I particularly appreciated the email subject line of [no subject], which clearly signaled that this is a high priority request.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

RatGuy

You shouldn't issue a grade change in my name without talking to me first. Maybe you should change a student's grade without knowing the full story, or change it on the basis of something other than class performance. I'm the instructor of record and my butt is on the line when the inevitable blowback happens.

polly_mer

Yep, that's one of the bazillion annoyances of living in an urban area.

Those of us who purposely chose a different living arrangement that includes a house bigger than a bread box with a back yard and a porch are laughing at your 'there's nowhere to eat take-out' whine. We don't really have take-out options or eat-in options during normal times, but we all have big kitchens and many of us have grills in our backyards and have worked put how to get food.

You know why money is always tight for you?  I do and now you're no better off in terms of the cultural activities than we who watch on a screen are.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

FishProf

It will be fine, sweetie.  All will be back to normal next week.  Hang in there.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

polly_mer

Quote from: FishProf on June 28, 2020, 08:27:02 AM
It will be fine, sweetie.  All will be back to normal next week.  Hang in there.

Yep, we just broke it to our kid that his fall schooling will be 100% online.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

OneMoreYear

Well, that was a complete disaster.*  So, sure, let's do it again. We all have so much time on our hands, am I right?  I mean, just the other day, I was thinking, "I have absolutely nothing to do for the next two hours. I wish there was another meeting that I could attend."  I just can't even . . .

* this post was edited for strong language.

FishProf

Everything is fine. 
Nothing is late. 
It is all under control.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: FishProf on July 01, 2020, 06:33:37 PM
Everything is fine. 
Nothing is late. 
It is all under control.

I wish I could say that...

fishbrains

You know, when you let go of the idea that higher education produces and employs people who are better able to engage in ethical and moral behavior---and by "let go" I mean drop the idea like it's a hot f*cking rock encased in electrified razor wire---the actions of the College suddenly make a lot more sense.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

sinenomine

Quote from: fishbrains on July 02, 2020, 08:24:18 AM
You know, when you let go of the idea that higher education produces and employs people who are better able to engage in ethical and moral behavior---and by "let go" I mean drop the idea like it's a hot f*cking rock encased in electrified razor wire---the actions of the College suddenly make a lot more sense.

Wow, fishbrains — sounds like we work at the same place!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Vkw10

Congratulations! We'll miss you, but I hope you'll enjoy your retirement!

(Unfortunately, he decided not to take retirement incentive.)
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ab_grp

This is exactly why I do not place orders by phone. #&$%$$W@@$%@$%@

bio-nonymous

IF only you had not given me completely false and misleading information that caused me to completely panic, and after which I spent 2 hours on the phone and email with customer service trying to rectify what turned out to be your mistake! UGGGGGGGH! TGIF.

ergative

Yes, I know you're on leave that week! But if you'd bothered to click the poll about scheduling, you'd have seen that I included times that were not that week.

Fine, you're entirely unavailable during that time. But if you'd read the rest of the email, you'd have seen that I included two other solutions. Work with me here. It almost feels like you're being purposefully obstructionist.

hmaria1609

To guy making the universal hitch hiking gesture: Get out of the exit ramp! We can see you need a lift.