News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dinner--or Dessert--Tonight

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

secundem_artem

Just back from Holy Foods.  The had PEI mussels, so tonight is moules et frites!
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

mamselle

Oh, la-la.

A vrai dire, je n'aime pas les moules.....

Mais les frites, bien cuites....comme chez ma cousine de Liege...

Oui.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

Moules et frites, bbq... I have food envy!

We finally made a recipe I had found a while back, a baked feta salmon dish.  It was really easy and gave us leftovers for tonight! It's just crumbled feta, kalamatas, cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion, chopped bell pepper, oregano all olive oiled in a baking pan.  Then just put the salmon pieces on top, a little red pepper, oregano, and salt, and bake.  It was delicious, and we will definitely make it again.  I don't think I left anything out (aside from cooking details), but if anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Puget

Had my cousin over for dinner, and all the produce (well, except for some onion and lemon) was from either my garden or my CSA, plus she brought strawberry shortcake with strawberries she picked today from a local u-pick place:

Pasta with home-made arugala-basil-garlic scape pesto and feta
Asparagus roasted with onion, lemon and olive oil
Salad with spinach, lettuce, sugar snap peas, strawberries, walnuts and goat cheese
Aforementioned strawberry shortcake for dessert.

I love summer eating!
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Puget on June 13, 2021, 06:21:12 PM
Had my cousin over for dinner, and all the produce (well, except for some onion and lemon) was from either my garden or my CSA, plus she brought strawberry shortcake with strawberries she picked today from a local u-pick place:

Pasta with home-made arugala-basil-garlic scape pesto and feta
Asparagus roasted with onion, lemon and olive oil
Salad with spinach, lettuce, sugar snap peas, strawberries, walnuts and goat cheese
Aforementioned strawberry shortcake for dessert.

I love summer eating!

That sounds sooooo good.

mamselle

Academics are all just culinary hedonists at heart....

M.

apl68

Home-made ice cream at church yesterday evening, for the first time in a very long time.  I had some nice home-made vanilla and Butterfinger.  I would have tried the strawberry, but there were no straws available.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

mamselle

Ha!

(Or had it melted...?)

This is my "Playing with My Food" entry no. ....i dunno, 597?

I usually make a small container of berries and sauce so I can have a mini-waffle as a snack a couple of days a week.

This week I ran out of waffles...but the berries were still good.

So, I froze the sauce, with a berry or two in each compartment, in small ice-cube trays; now for dessert, I put one in a ceramic cup and add some Polar Seltzer (usually raspberry, cranberry, or something similar) and wait for the fizzing to stop.

Cool, refreshing, not too many calories, and easy to make?

A virgin sangria, maybe?

M.

ab_grp

That sounds like a fun idea, Mamselle!

mamselle

It is. I still have...um.....1, no, 2 left...!

Tonight I did another batch of chicken in a honey-mape-mustard veloute, with regular old sweet corn on the side.

And a Lindt's 70% cocoa truffle for dessert.

M.

hmaria1609

Quote from: mamselle on June 16, 2021, 04:28:02 PM
It is. I still have...um.....1, no, 2 left...!

Tonight I did another batch of chicken in a honey-mape-mustard veloute, with regular old sweet corn on the side.

And a Lindt's 70% cocoa truffle for dessert.

M.
There's a Lindt store in my area!  :)

mamselle

Those are truly dangerous places.

I haven't been downtown in over a year but ours, right near the main library....hmmm.....has had a "grab-box" selection so you can pick your own, right as you enter the front door.

Talk about having the alligators guarding the swamp...

M.

AmLitHist

Quote from: mamselle on June 18, 2021, 03:17:34 AM

I haven't been downtown in over a year but ours, right near the main library....hmmm.....has had a "grab-box" selection so you can pick your own, right as you enter the front door.

M.

Thank gods I live out in the sticks, away from such places.  They'd have to carry the grab box out on one hand truck, and me on another.

hmaria1609

Quote from: mamselle on June 18, 2021, 03:17:34 AM

M.
It's what I go for! I like picking my own assortment of truffles.  :D