News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Youngest evil cat is crying because I don't have any food out. I just wanted to finish my coffee in peace (trying to sneak it before anyone else wakes up), but I guess I have to feed her now.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I just got up to check on my banana bread and elder evil cat took my spot!

clean

QuoteI just got up to check on my banana bread and elder evil cat took my spot!

I think it is a matter of perspective!!
YOU were in elder Cat's SPOT!  ALL spots belong to the cats (even if it means that they sit ON Your Lap to prove it!)  And you should be glad that Elder Cat did not punish you for your intrusion!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: clean on June 13, 2021, 05:51:52 PM
QuoteI just got up to check on my banana bread and elder evil cat took my spot!

I think it is a matter of perspective!!
YOU were in elder Cat's SPOT!  ALL spots belong to the cats (even if it means that they sit ON Your Lap to prove it!)  And you should be glad that Elder Cat did not punish you for your intrusion!

Ha! Yes, he probably does think that way.

the_geneticist

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on June 13, 2021, 05:20:08 PM
I just got up to check on my banana bread and elder evil cat took my spot!
You mean you warmed up the seat for the kitty. 

apl68

Cats have proliferated around town lately.  I know of at least two yards where whole litters congregate.  The black cats that were so common up until a few years ago have been replaced with tri-colored pelts for some reason.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Volhiker78

Quote from: Volhiker78 on May 20, 2021, 09:04:46 AM
Sounds like Maestro and his sibling are getting along great.

We also have decided to foster a young kitten after getting a desperate call for help from our local humane society.  Someone abandoned a 2 week old male at their door and they couldn't care for him.  Its been almost two weeks now and things are going well.  He is now rapidly gaining weight,  eating a mixture of food/formula on his own, and using his litter box.  We call him Lil'Man to distinguish him from Lil'Lil,  our adult former feral tabby. 

We were worried how our two adult cats would handle a new kitten but so far,  they seem to just ignore him when they see/smell him.  We keep him in his own room most of the time.  Our two adult are extremely territorial and don't get along very well when in the same room.  However, with the kitten,  we haven't noticed any hissing/ears back/aggressive behavior when in the same room. 

We aren't going to keep Lil'Man however.  Once he gets to a certain weight,  we'll return him to the Humane Society to find a loving home.

Tomorrow will be a sad day as Lil'Man will return to the Humane Society.  He came to us as a 6 ounce 2 week old and leaves a 2 lbs furry, friendly kitten.  My two daughters will shed some tears but they will be proud that they cared for him and he leaves in such good shape. 

FishProf

Orestes the Magnificent (he's Huuuuuge), has done it again.  Bowel obstruction. 

This time is so much worse.  His home hospital could not see him (full) and the new hospital couldn't treat him b/c he seems to have some cardiomyopathy (not uncommon in Maine Coons) and they want an echocardiogram before they send him to surgery.  He new has a nasogastric tube, cardiac meds, lasix, etc.  just in the hope of getting him stabilized enough for surgery.

If the echo comes back with heart problems, we would be putting him through a very risky surgery to buy him 6-9 months of life (he's 2).

Some very tough decisions for the fishprof household coming. 
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Puget

So sorry FishProf! Hoping for the best for all of you.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Larimar

Poor kitty! So sorry to hear it, fishprof. Wishing Orestes the best. The Larimar cats have paws crossed for him.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Sorry to hear it Fishprof.

mamselle

Poor kitty!

Internal or external obstruction?

I.e., something he ate (again) or...???

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

OneMoreYear

Oh no! Poor buddy Orestes! Gentle pats and scritches to the FishProf family.

FishProf

Alas, the ginormous Orestes has gone on to the Mewlysian fields.  His heart could not take the strain. 

I am waiting for his mortal remains to carry hem back to MrsFishProf and Smolt, who are also distraught.

Once home, he will join the might Bunga in the family meowsoleum.

(Sorry, puns help me cope).

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and purrs.

Fishprof
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Puget

So sorry-- always hard, but especially with a young one.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes