News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB yesterday. Almost genius with two pangrams.

Enjoy your family time, cathwen.

Happy solving!

ETA. Genius

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Congratulations on QB, Langue_doc!

I'm enjoying some down time between making tonight's dessert and the cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow.  (Calories, schmalories.)

I'm at genius with the two pangrams, but no 2fer for today's LB.  I got the "official" solution to yesterday's LB.

This may be as far as I get today!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Congrats on your QB yesterday, Langue_doc, and your 2fer yesterday, cathwen! Argh! I had dozens at one point but abandoned it because I figured it left too many letters.  Oh well!

Got to QB just now with help from Shunn for the first letters of the final couple words.  Once I had that info, it was much easier, luckily (and, probably, obviously).

We got a late start after too many calories, schmalories and festivities last night, so gotta get the sudokus in before they switch over.

Hope you're enjoying your baking and visiting, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Congrats on your QB ab_grp, and LB cathwen.

I'm getting ready for my early morning trip (long drive) so might not be puzzling until tomorrow night.

I'm visiting close relatives I haven't seen in two years and also briefly visiting with their relatives I haven't seen since the wedding 11 years ago.

ab_grp

Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip, Langue_doc, and a great visit with your relatives!

Parasaurolophus

I've been coming close and falling short for a few days. Gotta devote my attention to the Bee again!

(Also, 'centile' is still rejected, apparently.)
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good luck, Parasaurolophus! You probably also have less time to devote (at least, less than I do, whether I should or not).  I didn't even think to try centile today, though I usually try words like that.  Oh yeah... I also learned the other day that nickle is apparently not a correct spelling (though it is listed as a less preferred variant in some dictionaries).  I guess I thought that word and nickel were different words, so sometimes I'm really not sure if I am losing touch with the English language or what.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Short bee today, and not too difficult.  Got to QB without husband or Shunn.  I don't think there were any difficult words, but there were a few dumb ones (in my opinion) that I just had to remember to look for. 

No luck on LB yesterday.  I feel like I am losing my way on those! Will try again today.

I realize lots of us are out and about this weekend, so just keeping the home fires burning...

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Congrats ab_grp. Thank you for keeping the home fires burning. It was reassuring to see your post on the bee thread!

I made it to well above genius with the pangram before I hit the road this morning, the result of waking up before the alarm on the mornings I need to be well rested.

Parasaurolophus

Close again, but no cigar. I really must be regressing.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius with a pangram.

Happy solving, all.

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday was a bad puzzle day.  Although I did not have much time to spend (visiting daughter), I had enough time that I should have at least made it to genius—but I did not.  Not only that, but I could not find a solution to LB.  Congratulations to those with more success!

Today, though, I got to QB fairly easily and found a 2fer for LB!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a team QB, as we were each missing one word and figured out they started with the same letter.  Today's seemed a little slow going in the beginning, but then more familiar words made themselves apparent.  I don't think there was anything too tough in there.

No luck on LB yesterday, again, so I think that's three days at least! I think I am regressing on that one and am also having more trouble with sudokus for some reason.

Congrats on your QB and 2fer, cathwen!

Hope your visits are going well, Langue_doc and cathwen!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Yay, I finally got a 2fer, and I solved the hard sudoku in a reasonable time and without errors! I feel a little better now.

Langue_doc

Got to QB.

Nice visit, ab_grp, spent some time doing puzzles with a five-year-old and being instructed on a computer game by the older sibling.