Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Inhale Thread !

Started by mamselle, June 14, 2019, 06:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Congrats scr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puget

Tenure officially official as of today's board of trustees meeting-- Even though the final steps were pretty much a formality, some part of me could not quite fully celebrate and relax until now.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

clean

Good for you!
Do something to celebrate this achievement.  It is often a let down, so make sure that you reward yourself and recognize and treat the others that helped you along the way.  Your parents and spouse (if you have one) have put up with a lot along the way so take a long weekend and visit someplace really nice and do nothing in particular!  Enjoy an expensive meal! 

then get back to work!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Puget

Quote from: clean on April 09, 2024, 04:17:18 PMGood for you!
Do something to celebrate this achievement.  It is often a let down, so make sure that you reward yourself and recognize and treat the others that helped you along the way.  Your parents and spouse (if you have one) have put up with a lot along the way so take a long weekend and visit someplace really nice and do nothing in particular!  Enjoy an expensive meal! 

then get back to work!

Thanks! No time to take a break for the next two weeks (end of the semester + grant review panel), but after that I'll be visiting my parents for a week for Passover, and we'll celebrate then. I already did a fancy celebratory dinner with friends after the non-pro-forma recommendation came in January.

It was nice getting to thank everyone in the lab for helping make this possible. I always buy lunch for the last lab meeting of the semester anyway, but we'll have an extra special one next week.

I will definitely do a trip or two over the summer as well.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."

evil_physics_witchcraft

apl68

If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

EdnaMode

I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

Puget