News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Some parts of the state have had 12 inches of rain in the past 72 hours, with three more forecast soon.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

As long as someone named Noah isn't talking about finding gopherwood, you're probably OK, but, still, all kidding aside, that's scary.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Rain this afternoon and more tomorrow. Some places will see flooding:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2021/06/cold-front-brings-flash-flood-risk-to-dc-region-late-thursday/
I'm glad for cooler temps.

dismalist

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 10, 2021, 07:27:28 PM
Rain this afternoon and more tomorrow. Some places will see flooding:
https://wtop.com/weather-news/2021/06/cold-front-brings-flash-flood-risk-to-dc-region-late-thursday/
I'm glad for cooler temps.

Yes, we got the emergency message on the radio right after the heavy rains stopped today!

Nice tomorrow. Summer thereafter.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mamselle

Cooler, maybe rain, later.

Good to have the upper 70s be the high rather than the low projection for the day...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

AmLitHist

I went out at 6:15 this morning to beat the heat while doing my garden work.  I was not successful.  The work got done, but it was already steamy.

apl68

One of our staff had flash flooding on her road and a power outage yesterday evening.  But her house that they have been working on didn't leak.  They must have it in pretty good shape.

No actual rain today, but yet another dreary day.  We NEED some sun!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

If we see a swarm of pickled, wrinkled librarians crawling up the walls to the roof, shall we show them to the driers?

M.

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on June 11, 2021, 10:59:43 AM
If we see a swarm of pickled, wrinkled librarians crawling up the walls to the roof, shall we show them to the driers?

M.

Just give them some SUN!

hmaria1609

Quote from: apl68 on June 11, 2021, 01:11:51 PM

M.
Just give them some SUN!

If you work at library with a roof top garden or patio, all the better!

apl68

We finally got sun yesterday afternoon!  It was good to see, even if it is now hotter.  Sun so far this morning too.  Mowing that yard I've been unable to attend for three weeks due to the rain won't be much fun.  But we needed that sun so badly!

mamselle

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 11, 2021, 02:09:45 PM
Quote from: apl68 on June 11, 2021, 01:11:51 PM

M.
Just give them some SUN!

If you work at library with a roof top garden or patio, all the better!

I used to, in fact...

Great for seeing the fireworks across the river on the 4th, in particular.

M.

hmaria1609

ergative

Overcast and cool (overshirt needed if not actively walking) and yet still stuffy today. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a bit of sun. Laundry day for me, if true.

apl68

Hot, humid, and sunny.  A pretty normal summer day.  We had thundershowers yesterday afternoon and evening.  Also not too unusual, now that they aren't happening on a daily basis.