News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

LMS venting

Started by downer, February 14, 2024, 08:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

We have plenty to vent about but I have to say that probably the part of my teaching experience that causes reliable frustration is dealing with Canvas and Brightspace. It has been a few years since I used Blackboard, but my levels of annoyance are now rivalling anything I experiences there.

The last few weeks I've been battling with Canvas grading, which seems arbitrarily decide on whether assigned grades are in points or in percentages. I used to make everything out of 100 so it wasn't an issue, but for some reason I forget I've made a bunch of assignments out of 5, and now I keep getting errors in grades by a factor of 20. I will sort it out, but it means a lot of extra work.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

mythbuster

I feel the frustration. In terms of your specific problem, you likely need to check within the properties of each assignment. There is a dropdown asking points/percentage/letter grade etc. It is annoying that you have to check each assignment individually.

downer

Quote from: mythbuster on February 14, 2024, 08:39:29 AMI feel the frustration. In terms of your specific problem, you likely need to check within the properties of each assignment. There is a dropdown asking points/percentage/letter grade etc. It is annoying that you have to check each assignment individually.

Thanks. Now I see it.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis