Faith786

Quote from: Faith786 on April 27, 2021, 06:39:43 PM

April goals:
-type up meeting notes April 1
-read chapter 15 by April 2
-read chapter 16 by April 5
-write up discussion of research due April 2
-email/send research interview questions
-make chart 1 with dates, inclusion/exclusion criteria, sources, references April 7
-email request for research documents to relevant stakeholders April 8
-type meeting notes April 8
-make chart 2 with dates, inclusion/exclusion criteria, sources, references
-write up discussion of research due April 11
-send email with research summary and chart April 12
-write up discussion of research April 14
-type meeting notes April 15
-peer review due April 19
-peer review another paper due April 19
-type meeting notes April 22
-peer review due April 23
-peer review due April 24
-peer review due April 28
-another peer review done April 28 (early)
-conduct analysis of interview data
-make and record power point presentation re interview data April 18
-write reflection of article #9 for 2021 project
-write reflection of article #10 for 2021 project
-write a page for item#4 (book chapter) due late July 2021 (now at 4,000 words, ultimate goal is 10,000)
-read, revise and email myself item #5 (s manuscript) and get it down to <20-25 pages
-Read/review/summarize relevant paper to add to research library for 2021 project
-Update CV to reflect Google Scholar citation count, h-index, and i10 index metrics
-Update CV to reflect ResearchGate score
-Update CV to reflect Publons review metrics
-Update CV to reflect submitted/under review manuscript(s)
-peer-review two new manuscripts relevant to research field(s)
-accept manuscript for peer review April 5
-accept manuscript for peer review April 14

Short-term/ongoing goals:
-Try to stay alive, keep calm, and carry on during the third wave of COVID-19 so that research can continue
-In total, submit ~6 manuscripts/articles/chapter(s) in 2021 (hopefully 3 or more get accepted/published this year)
-Continue drafting item #4 (book chapter) with reading/review of up-to-date literature
-Continue drafting item #5 (s manuscript)

Long-term goals:
-apply for research funding
Ncomplete=28

I need this grant approved...

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on April 02, 2021, 09:32:41 AM

April Goals

• Continue cleaning up transcripts for data analysis with subfield colleague
  • Revise rejected manuscript and submit to different journal with two colleagues
  • Continue collecting data for project with new faculty colleague in department
  • Try to move on IRB and manuscript for project with college friend and another colleague
  • Hopefully get proofs for two accepted articles to finalize for publication

Other Goals

• Hear something regarding two manuscripts under review, hopefully R&R
  • Continue working on long-term project, which requires people to look for old documents in their offices once they feel safe to return
  • Possibly submit proposal due in late April for conference in November

The rejected manuscript finally got submitted today to another journal.
Data collection has continued with my new colleague, here and there.
The project waiting for IRB is paused, as both of my co-authors have ignored my emails spaced a month apart asking if they still want to do it or not, which is fine with me. It was initiated by one of them anyway, and I need to stop taking on new projects...I keep telling myself this!
I reached out to subfield colleague today to see if hu's GA is still helping us clean up data or not so I know what we need to do next.
I decided not to submit a proposal to the November conference by last week's deadline, so I was delighted when the head of the organization emailed me yesterday for an invited presentation and offered to waive my registration fees!
So far, I received one of the two proofs for accepted manuscripts.
I contacted the editor for one under review since November, who said it was still with reviewers and we would hear soon. More than two weeks later, we have heard nothing.
We got a rejection on the other one that was under review, but found another journal to try (third time might be the charm).
Today I reviewed data for the special issue project due in June.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 28, 2021, 08:47:20 AM
More of the same today.

Did more of the same! The section is shaping up.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I have a few smallish Newsletter tasks to take care of, some conference panel invitations to send out, and perhaps book section work to continue, if time and marking allow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 29, 2021, 10:14:59 AM
Today I have a few smallish Newsletter tasks to take care of, some conference panel invitations to send out, and perhaps book section work to continue, if time and marking allow.

Good enough. More tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I have to do things in the world today, but I'll try to get April's lone book section into some kind of shape.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

The rejected manuscript got sent back for being too many words over maximum word count. I chopped it down by 1,000 and we resubmitted. I guess that is my new superpower lately! Today I worked on coding transcripts for the special issue manuscript.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on April 01, 2021, 08:18:13 PM
April goals:

• Finish conference paper
  • Do some light copy editing on a conditionally accepted manuscript to make the editor happy
  • Keep working on data collection project

I haven't gotten much research done in the last couple of weeks, but still managed to get through these tasks. Looking forward to having more time for research in May.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 30, 2021, 08:10:52 AM
I have to do things in the world today, but I'll try to get April's lone book section into some kind of shape.

Not happening, I'm afraid. Maybe tomorrow, definitely by Sunday.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 03, 2021, 08:18:34 AM
I'm still getting used to my reduced time and energy, but I think these are sufficiently modest:

• Find 2-3 more panelists for annual conference panel
    • Referee a bajillion submissions to the annual conference[/s]
    • Read one big item for each of three new book sections
    • Touch up two book sections
    • Read one item for Collaboration 3
    [/list]

Stretch:

• Start a new book section
      • Touch up and resubmit Collaboration 1
      • Touch up and resubmit New Paper (well, it's almost two years old, but still doing the rounds)
    The search for panellists is infinite (I didn't complete that goal because I haven't heard back from a ton of people). And I only did the big readings for one new book section.
    I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Reduced word count manuscript was resubmitted yesterday. Other rejected manuscript was submitted to a new potential home today. Onward!