News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zr10

I was asked for a public abstract and budget reduction (no questions) in early November. No update so far and I start stressing out. My program has already funded a few CAREERs. My start date is July 2020. I wonder whether it is possible that one may not get funded after submitting a public abstract and a budget reduction! Please advise.

zhupeifen

Quote from: zr10 on December 15, 2019, 06:11:16 PM
I was asked for a public abstract and budget reduction (no questions) in early November. No update so far and I start stressing out. My program has already funded a few CAREERs. My start date is July 2020. I wonder whether it is possible that one may not get funded after submitting a public abstract and a budget reduction! Please advise.

I have the same question. PO indicated that my public abstract is very nice. He asked me to increase the budget.
Is it wise to ask him the status?

Nina Rogers

Which program is this for?

I think its still very likely you will get funded.  I don't have too much experience but on all the collaborative grants I've been on, when they asked for a public abstract you were funded.

zr10

zr10

Quote from: zhupeifen on December 15, 2019, 06:20:22 PM

I have the same question. PO indicated that my public abstract is very nice. He asked me to increase the budget.

I am afraid to do so. If you are able to do so, please share with me your experience.

zr10

Quote from: Nina Rogers on December 15, 2019, 06:25:52 PM

Which program is this for?

I think its still very likely you will get funded.  I don't have too much experience but on all the collaborative grants I've been on, when they asked for a public abstract you were funded.

ENG - ECCS

zhupeifen

Quote from: zr10 on December 15, 2019, 06:40:39 PM

I am afraid to do so. If you are able to do so, please share with me your experience.

Did you submit your revised budget via Fastlane? can you see the revised budget? Mine still shows the original budget. I am kind of worried about they have not got my revised budget.

zr10

Quote from: zhupeifen on December 15, 2019, 06:47:12 PM

Did you submit your revised budget via Fastlane? can you see the revised budget? Mine still shows the original budget. I am kind of worried about they have not got my revised budget.

In fastlane, I see the original budget and the revised budget.

zr10

If your pre-award officer (in your school) has submitted it, you should be able to see it in fastlane, I guess. Maybe, you need to double-check with him.

zhupeifen

Quote from: zr10 on December 15, 2019, 06:56:45 PM

You see your revised budget from proposal status or elsewhere? Do you mind send me the link? Thank you.

zr10

Quote from: zhupeifen on December 15, 2019, 07:09:46 PM

You see your revised budget from proposal status or elsewhere? Do you mind send me the link? Thank you.

https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/servlet/FastLane.PIMgmt3
hit Revise Submitted Proposal Budget button
enter your credential
select your current CAREER
View the budget
You should see your original budget and the revised budget one after the other

zr10

If the link I just sent is broken, use this one instead and follow the same steps
https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/servlet/gov.nsf.fastlane.ufl.UFLLoginDispatcher

zhupeifen

Quote from: zr10 on December 15, 2019, 07:13:57 PM

https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/servlet/FastLane.PIMgmt3
hit Revise Submitted Proposal Budget button
enter your credential
select your current CAREER
View the budget
You should see your original budget and the revised budget one after the other

Got it. Thank you!

lightofhope

which program?

zr10

Quote from: lightofhope on December 15, 2019, 07:23:01 PM
which program?

ENG-ECCS