NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightofhope

Did anyone get news from III-CISE?

shaomingfu

not yet; mine was pending since mid-september

bazinga58

For those who have been asked for public abstracts, it was 11 weeks between the time I submitted my requested supplementary materials and the time my proposal was recommended a week ago. In that time, my program awarded other proposals. Just because someone else was awarded before you, does not mean you will not be. That is true even if you have not heard back from the program officer yet -- I have been in the situation where I received questions and a request for an abstract for a non-CAREER NSF grant after several awards had already been made, and ended up getting it. I really hope that I am selected to receive this particular award. I'll let folks know if and when that happens, for benchmarking purposes. It seems like some recommendations and awards move through the system very quickly, but that is not always the case. That being said, the wait can indeed feel brutal!

humptydumpty

Anyone heard from any CMMI programs? A lot of my colleagues got rejections or informal recommendations but CMMI seems to be silent for everyone, not sure why

zr10

Quote from: bazinga58 on December 16, 2019, 10:02:52 AM
For those who have been asked for public abstracts, it was 11 weeks between the time I submitted my requested supplementary materials and the time my proposal was recommended a week ago. In that time, my program awarded other proposals. Just because someone else was awarded before you, does not mean you will not be. That is true even if you have not heard back from the program officer yet -- I have been in the situation where I received questions and a request for an abstract for a non-CAREER NSF grant after several awards had already been made, and ended up getting it. I really hope that I am selected to receive this particular award. I'll let folks know if and when that happens, for benchmarking purposes. It seems like some recommendations and awards move through the system very quickly, but that is not always the case. That being said, the wait can indeed feel brutal!
Thanks for the heads-up!

Leeloo_Tenenbaum

Quote from: humptydumpty on December 16, 2019, 11:32:40 AM
Anyone heard from any CMMI programs? A lot of my colleagues got rejections or informal recommendations but CMMI seems to be silent for everyone, not sure why

My PD told me "no one in CMMI will hear before mid to late December"..so I am anxiously waiting!

helloworld

Thanks for sharing this info. Still I can check if rejection is coming...

Quote from: roccabis@egr.msu.edu on December 17, 2019, 07:07:49 AM

My PD told me "no one in CMMI will hear before mid to late December"..so I am anxiously waiting!

CoolSeal

Same here. Thank you a lot for the information! Last year I received my rejection before Thanksgiving. Did the PD give any reason for the coordinated delay? Just curious.

taray

Thanks for the information.

hanna

Has anyone heard from the DMR CMMT division? Any rejections or awards yet?

humptydumpty

Thank you for the information! Do you mind sharing when you heard about this? I am anxiously waiting too!

ttbeaver

My CAREER is in CMMI ECI. The date changed yesterday to 12/16/20109 but the status is still pending. Is this a bad sign?

taray

Quote from: ttbeaver on December 17, 2019, 12:29:07 PM
My CAREER is in CMMI ECI. The date changed yesterday to 12/16/20109 but the status is still pending. Is this a bad sign?

In the last cycle in Chronicle I read about a case where the status date changed without any contact from the PO, but ultimately the guy got awarded.

humptydumpty

Quote from: ttbeaver on December 17, 2019, 12:29:07 PM

My past experience with non-CAREER NSF grants has been that once you see an update on Fastlane without PO contact, it means reviews have been uploaded and rejection will follow. But this might be completely different for CAREER awards.

happy123

Hello: Did anyone hear any word from the CHE about the NSF CAREER?