News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaomingfu

Quote from: lightofhope on December 24, 2019, 02:32:03 PM
now I know four people (including you) are waiting for III...

Quote from: shaomingfu on December 24, 2019, 02:18:39 PM
Quote from: lightofhope on December 24, 2019, 02:06:46 PM
IIS includes III and RI, right?
which one are you asking?

Quote from: shaomingfu on December 24, 2019, 12:45:30 PM
Anyone got responses from CISE/IIS?

III

Do you know anyone who already know results?

taray

Quote from: aspiring.academic on December 24, 2019, 03:27:31 PM
Well it is Christmas Eve...

https://twitter.com/rebicca/status/1199988202607718400?s=20
In all my rejections the status changed to declined before 5pm EST and the letter arrived at 10pm EST. Dunno if anything new going to happen this time.

aspiring.academic

Letters hit the inbox at 9PM EST if the original submission was done in Research.gov

I can't speak on FastLane. I haven't been rejected there yet.

lightofhope

liuf

I share some of my experiences and time frame. The program is CISE/SaTC.

This year I got recommended from PO on Dec 20. She asked for abstract and some other information for administration. This is my second submission of Career. (Did not see the rate and comments yet).

Three years ago on the same date, I got recommended from the same PO for CRII, with a similar email. This seems to be my PO's time frame. This is my second submission of CRII. (rate highly competitive, E/VG, VG, E/VG)

Some rejection experiences...

Last year (2018), my career submission was rejected on Dec 12, with rate competitive. The status date was changed one day before, and then shortly I got the notification. Later I noticed that this PO left NSF at the end of the year 2018. Maybe that's why my rejection came before the year, as she needed to wrap up things before leaving. 

My first CRII submission was rejected (FY 2015). I did not see any news until I contacted the PO March 2016. She said your proposal is in the process of being rejected. Then I saw a status date change (in one or two days), and then rejection roughly on March. (This PO is the same PO who recommended my award later on.)

shaomingfu

shaomingfu

Quote from: lightofhope on December 24, 2019, 06:31:18 PM
no result yet.

Quote from: shaomingfu on December 24, 2019, 02:35:18 PM
Quote from: lightofhope on December 24, 2019, 02:32:03 PM
now I know four people (including you) are waiting for III...

Quote from: shaomingfu on December 24, 2019, 02:18:39 PM
Quote from: lightofhope on December 24, 2019, 02:06:46 PM
IIS includes III and RI, right?
which one are you asking?

Quote from: shaomingfu on December 24, 2019, 12:45:30 PM
Anyone got responses from CISE/IIS?

III

Do you know anyone who already know results?

Then it seems that decisions have not been made for all proposals in III.

murtuzaj

Congratulations!

Quote from: liuf on December 24, 2019, 08:27:56 PM

This year I got recommended from PO on Dec 20. She asked for abstract and some other information for administration. This is my second submission of Career. (Did not see the rate and comments yet).

Three years ago on the same date, I got recommended from the same PO for CRII, with a similar email. This seems to be my PO's time frame. This is my second submission of CRII. (rate highly competitive, E/VG, VG, E/VG)

Last year (2018), my career submission was rejected on Dec 12, with rate competitive. The status date was changed one day before, and then shortly I got the notification. Later I noticed that this PO left NSF at the end of the year 2018. Maybe that's why my rejection came before the year, as she needed to wrap up things before leaving. 

My first CRII submission was rejected (FY 2015). I did not see any news until I contacted the PO March 2016. She said your proposal is in the process of being rejected. Then I saw a status date change (in one or two days), and then rejection roughly on March. (This PO is the same PO who recommended my award later on.)

lightofhope

Congrats!

taray

Congratulations!

rusunyii

Congratulations! Could u please kindly share your estimated panel date?

liuf

I think my panel dates are around Nov 4 or that week. (Cannot remember the exactly dates but should not be too far).

rusunyii

Thanks!
Quote from: liuf on December 25, 2019, 07:42:33 AM
I think my panel dates are around Nov 4 or that week. (Cannot remember the exactly dates but should not be too far).

phattangent

I'm still waiting to hear about my CRII proposal. In late October, I received an email from the PD saying that they discussed my proposal across programs and thought it would be better reviewed in another program. The email also said that they planned to transfer my proposal to that other program for review; however, I still haven't heard anything. I'm thinking that this caused my proposal to get pushed into the early/mid January panels. **fingers crossed**
I fully expected to find a Constable in the kitchen, waiting to take me up. -- Pip in Great Expectations by Charles Dickens