News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusunyii

Thanks for the information. I thought most CISE decisions have been notified in December. My panel was held very late and may need to wait for longer.

Quote from: aspiring.academic on January 09, 2020, 06:21:33 PM
Quote from: rusunyii on January 09, 2020, 05:50:59 PM
Quote from: aspiring.academic on January 09, 2020, 04:47:31 PM
Many CISE proposals will have decisions by the end of the month...not all, but certainly most.

Is it because of six months since submission?

The 6 month thing is just a guideline and based on workflow. However, the timeframe could be significantly longer than 6 months.

It'll be by the week for most in CISE CAREER awards because decisions would have been made.

aspiring.academic

Quote from: rusunyii on January 09, 2020, 06:34:46 PM
Thanks for the information. I thought most CISE decisions have been notified in December. My panel was held very late and may need to wait for longer.

Many CISE proposals will have decisions by the end of the month...not all, but certainly most.

The 6 month thing is just a guideline and based on workflow. However, the timeframe could be significantly longer than 6 months.

It'll be by the week for most in CISE CAREER awards because decisions would have been made.

Very few CISE notifications occurred in December. Those who were notified were in CCF. Most of CISE didn't have budgets until mid-December. The 3rd week of December was basically end of year wrapping up. 4th and 5th weeks of December were holidays with many POs having an OOO reply until this past Monday, which is typical of this time of year. There's movement this week in terms of updating statuses and loading pending rejections. Only 2 published CISE awards, both from CCF, for this cycle. A lot of movement in the upcoming weeks. Cant really share more info than that at this time.

rusunyii

Thanks a lot. Then, the notifications will come soon.

Quote from: aspiring.academic on January 09, 2020, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: rusunyii on January 09, 2020, 06:34:46 PM

Very few CISE notifications occurred in December. Those who were notified were in CCF. Most of CISE didn't have budgets until mid-December. The 3rd week of December was basically end of year wrapping up. 4th and 5th weeks of December were holidays with many POs having an OOO reply until this past Monday, which is typical of this time of year. There's movement this week in terms of updating statuses and loading pending rejections. Only 2 published CISE awards, both from CCF, for this cycle. A lot of movement in the upcoming weeks. Cant really share more info than that at this time.

hql5143

Quote from: hql5143 on January 09, 2020, 12:11:18 PM
Quote from: helloworld on January 09, 2020, 05:56:51 AM
PO oversees another program to fill in. Must be very busy.

Quote from: hql5143 on January 08, 2020, 01:27:27 PM
Did anyone hear any news about CMMI-OE? I received no PO contact, no status update, and found nothing on twitter so far.

Thanks. I just realized that the PO oversees three different programs. Could be a lot of work.

My status date was updated. No PO contact. Awaiting declination now.

fizzycist

Received call from PO today that I was recommended for funding! CHE-CMI. Second submission. First time got 3 Good, 1 excellent/VG, one fair/good.

Timeline for this submission:
-received email mid-October with request for updated C&P. Sent it in same day.

-nothing. anxiously checking fastlane once a day beginning in December. (Total waste of time but oddly comforting)

-emailed PO Dec 17 asking for update. Nearly instant reply with standard wait 6 months response.

-phone call today Jan 10 saying it will be funded and send public abstract and re-updated C&P.

BoMiu

Second time CAREER applicant here. My sympathies to those who were declined, congratulations to those who were awarded, and best of luck to those who are still anxiously waiting (me included).

zjdeer

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the information!

Quote from: fizzycist on January 10, 2020, 05:21:39 PM
Received call from PO today that I was recommended for funding! CHE-CMI. Second submission. First time got 3 Good, 1 excellent/VG, one fair/good.

-nothing. anxiously checking fastlane once a day beginning in December. (Total waste of time but oddly comforting)

-emailed PO Dec 17 asking for update. Nearly instant reply with standard wait 6 months response.

-phone call today Jan 10 saying it will be funded and send public abstract and re-updated C&P.

helloworld

Quote from: hql5143 on January 10, 2020, 03:54:01 PM

Did anyone hear any news about CMMI-OE? I received no PO contact, no status update, and found nothing on twitter so far.

Thanks. I just realized that the PO oversees three different programs. Could be a lot of work.

I am sorry for the date change. I am in a similar boat - I am in a neighboring program the PO was filling in for but date change occurred a couple days ago....

deeply_uncertain

Congrats!! Best of luck with your award. 

Staywarm

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing the scores for this time?

aspiring.academic

Some IIS (CISE) awards have been published

BoMiu

Declined. Oh well. One more year of anxiety and then it will be over regardless of the outcome :D.

hql5143

Quote from: helloworld on January 11, 2020, 05:35:33 AM
Quote from: hql5143 on January 10, 2020, 03:54:01 PM

I am sorry for the date change. I am in a similar boat - I am in a neighboring program the PO was filling in for but date change occurred a couple days ago....

Hope that the less frequent case about the date change would happen to you. If not, other opportunities will open up for you.

humptydumpty

NSF CMMI BMMB, status date changed without PO contact on Saturday, waiting for rejection :(