News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fkutmost

Declined today. Going for the next round. Good luck!

mlpkop

Declined today. CMMI DCSD. Going for my last chance this July. 

mamselle

Sorry to hear about the declensions.

Encouragement to all.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

humptydumpty

Declined today. I got 6 reviews. Is that normal? I have never seen 6 reviews before.

I got 4 VG/G, 1 G and 1 G/F. So I guess not good at all... :(

hql5143

Quote from: hql5143 on January 10, 2020, 03:54:01 PM
Quote from: hql5143 on January 09, 2020, 12:11:18 PM
Quote from: helloworld on January 09, 2020, 05:56:51 AM
PO oversees another program to fill in. Must be very busy.

Quote from: hql5143 on January 08, 2020, 01:27:27 PM
Did anyone hear any news about CMMI-OE? I received no PO contact, no status update, and found nothing on twitter so far.

Thanks. I just realized that the PO oversees three different programs. Could be a lot of work.

My status date was updated. No PO contact. Awaiting declination now.

Declined today; two VG/Gs and two Gs. Congrats to those who received the award this year and good luck to all that will try again or try other opportunities for this year.

Staywarm

That's so unfortunate.
It seems that with more reviewers, the grade will be lower, even though NSF said it is statistically the same.

Quote from: humptydumpty on January 13, 2020, 02:44:13 PM
Declined today. I got 6 reviews. Is that normal? I have never seen 6 reviews before.

I got 4 VG/G, 1 G and 1 G/F. So I guess not good at all... :(

Staywarm

Good luck to you!
It looks like a funded career should get an average of VG?

Quote from: hql5143 on January 13, 2020, 06:31:50 PM

Did anyone hear any news about CMMI-OE? I received no PO contact, no status update, and found nothing on twitter so far.

Thanks. I just realized that the PO oversees three different programs. Could be a lot of work.

Declined today; two VG/Gs and two Gs. Congrats to those who received the award this year and good luck to all that will try again or try other opportunities for this year.

sandy689

I think it shall be a combo consisting of "only" E and/or VG.  A "G" may lead to rejection.
Well, this is only from my limited observation.

Quote from: Staywarm on January 13, 2020, 08:13:51 PM
Good luck to you!
It looks like a funded career should get an average of VG?

Quote from: hql5143 on January 13, 2020, 06:31:50 PM

zjdeer

Finally, my status changed to declined today (CMMI-AM). Thanks so much, everyone here, for exchanging useful information. I have been feeling very supportive. Glad that I can move on now. Congratulations again to those who won the award. Best luck to those who are still waiting.

professing

I am sorry to hear of the rejections. But I am also glad to hear that this has been a supportive and informative thread for many (@zjdeer). I have also felt very supported and learned a lot about the different directorates, review processes, scoring differences, and outcomes.

@sandy689 @staywarm - The scores for some directorates may weigh differently than others. Some directorates have a better funding rates than others, and I would assume for some it may also depend on how many standard grants or CAREERs are received (e.g., Funding Rates listed in 2017 slides: https://www.nsf.gov/mps/dms/career_and_pecase_information/career_webinar_slides_2017.pdf)

I have not yet heard back about my CAREER, so it seems that some directorates may still be reviewing or weighing decisions as well.

anxiety_rising

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about all the rejections and thanks for sharing all the useful information. It has been fun keeping up with the forum.

I still have no updates and was wondering if anyone from EAR is in the same boat. I saw three awards announced last week so many still to come.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

ocean2428

FOR career proposals, do we get a panel summary or is it only PM summary?

zhupeifen

My status date changed to 11/14 but it is still pending. I submitted a public abstract back in November. What might happen next?

Thanks.

mamselle

I hope people will join other threads on the Forum after this round of grants is over...don't just disappear!

Your voices are welcome!!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

skm15

Earlier this day I was 100% confident that my proposal was going to be rejected and that they were just taking a long time to officially decline it.  But then I got a call from my PO saying the grant was reviewed well and requesting that I answer reviewer/staff questions. What a psychological turnaround!

Hope others have good news still awaiting them.