News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelama

Any news from the Fundamental Research in Robotics? It is a new NSF program. My proposal was originally submitted to a different program but was transferred to new the robotics program. Not sure when some news will come out. My panel was held two weeks ago.

Vid

Hello all,

My CAREER proposal statues has changed as of today (11/24) and I haven't contacted by the PO. I am a little down :(. I worked around 1 year on the idea.

This is my first submission, though. 

-Vi
"I see the world through eyes of love. I see love in every flower, in the sun and the moon, and in every person I meet." Louise L. Hay

nidayewo

Quote from: Vid on November 24, 2020, 09:31:42 PM
Hello all,

My CAREER proposal statues has changed as of today (11/24) and I haven't contacted by the PO. I am a little down :(. I worked around 1 year on the idea.

-Vi

Funding is the game of failures, I guess we just need to keep on writing and submitting..

soccer

Quote from: Vid on November 24, 2020, 09:31:42 PM
Hello all,

-Vi

Thanks for sharing with us. At least you might get some feedback on your proposal. I am writing a DOE Early Career proposal now and was hoping to get feedback from the NSF reviews. It feels like I may not hear back from NSF at all before the DOE deadline.

waterfall

Quote from: nidayewo on November 20, 2020, 10:52:46 AM
Quote from: xamxam on November 20, 2020, 09:59:02 AM
Hi Ni Da Ye, thanks for sharing! Do you mind telling us which program you applied to?

Quote from: nidayewo on November 19, 2020, 12:58:27 PM
Quote from: lightofhope on November 19, 2020, 11:53:53 AM
it's a typical procedure when the PD considers to fund your proposal.
congrats!

Quote from: nidayewo on November 19, 2020, 06:51:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

I benefit a lot from the discussion in this thread regarding NSF CAREER. A few weeks ago, a PD emailed me asking for a quad chart to summary my proposal (not an abstract). Does anyone have the same request? Is this a typical procedure in the review process? It seems that little information could be found regarding this. Many thanks in advance!

Thank you so much for your reply! I will keep updated here if I hear any news.
I am aware that asking for abstract almost implies being awarded, but I never heard the concept of quad chart before...

Sorry, I forgot to mentioned that it is CCF.

Have you heard about this kind of request before?

Thanks a lot for sharing! I haven't heard about such request. Have you got any feedback after sending the PD the quad chart? Which program are you in under CCF,  AF, CIF, FET, or SHF?

nidayewo

Quote from: waterfall on November 25, 2020, 01:56:09 PM
Quote from: nidayewo on November 20, 2020, 10:52:46 AM
Quote from: xamxam on November 20, 2020, 09:59:02 AM
Hi Ni Da Ye, thanks for sharing! Do you mind telling us which program you applied to?

Quote from: nidayewo on November 19, 2020, 12:58:27 PM
Quote from: lightofhope on November 19, 2020, 11:53:53 AM
it's a typical procedure when the PD considers to fund your proposal.
congrats!

Quote from: nidayewo on November 19, 2020, 06:51:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

I benefit a lot from the discussion in this thread regarding NSF CAREER. A few weeks ago, a PD emailed me asking for a quad chart to summary my proposal (not an abstract). Does anyone have the same request? Is this a typical procedure in the review process? It seems that little information could be found regarding this. Many thanks in advance!

Thank you so much for your reply! I will keep updated here if I hear any news.
I am aware that asking for abstract almost implies being awarded, but I never heard the concept of quad chart before...

Sorry, I forgot to mentioned that it is CCF.

Have you heard about this kind of request before?

Thanks a lot for sharing! I haven't heard about such request. Have you got any feedback after sending the PD the quad chart? Which program are you in under CCF,  AF, CIF, FET, or SHF?

PD hasn't contacted me afterwards. I guess the quad chart may be used for some internal discussion among PDs.

hazelshade

We have been in budget negotiations this week with a program officer over a CAREER proposal in CCF (SHF). The PI was notified on Monday.

nidayewo

Quote from: hazelshade on November 25, 2020, 05:50:26 PM
We have been in budget negotiations this week with a program officer over a CAREER proposal in CCF (SHF). The PI was notified on Monday.

Thank you for the information!

angelama

ocean2428

When do they usually let you know? December? I had a communication with my PM in mid-October asking for some clarifications. I haven't heard anything since then. I am really worried now.

Electrochemist

I just got an email from a program manager asking to talk to me via phone next week (for the MMN program in DMR). What does this mean?

ocean2428

I had a similar experience 6 weeks ago. My PM went through the review comments and asked me to submit some clarification to one of the referee's comments. The PM was positive and said he is going to recommend for funding, depending on the budget. However, since then I haven't heard anything. I assume a phone call is a good sign. Good luck!

angelama

Quote from: ocean2428 on December 06, 2020, 12:05:33 PM
I had a similar experience 6 weeks ago. My PM went through the review comments and asked me to submit some clarification to one of the referee's comments. The PM was positive and said he is going to recommend for funding, depending on the budget. However, since then I haven't heard anything. I assume a phone call is a good sign. Good luck!

I think the PM is going to fund you. Congrats! May I know which program and the panel date?

angelama

Quote from: Electrochemist on December 06, 2020, 11:48:25 AM
I just got an email from a program manager asking to talk to me via phone next week (for the MMN program in DMR). What does this mean?
A good sign!