News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelama

I think as long as it is officially recommended, usually, it should be no problem.

Quote from: ocean2428 on February 01, 2021, 02:52:35 PM
DMR, still waiitng since the submissin of abstract and c & P. Almost two months since it was recommended. I haven't seen any new awards in DMR since Jan 13th.

Quote from: dionysus816 on February 01, 2021, 08:38:11 AM
Quote from: angelama on February 01, 2021, 05:56:55 AM
Is anyone still waiting for CAREER?
DMR till waiting

xamxam

What did you all put as the project start date? I see the latest funded CAREERs in my program all have a start date of 2/1/21. I wonder if the PD works on the ones with early start dates first.

deeply_uncertain

I don't think it matters. You won't hear earlier about your proposal because you have put an earlier start date. Once the process is finished, (I guess) you can revise the start date. It's unlikely that all have chosen the same start date. It's more likely that your program has completed the process for the funded proposals before 2/1/21 and the PIs can start from that date.

Quote from: xamxam on February 02, 2021, 08:13:41 AM
What did you all put as the project start date? I see the latest funded CAREERs in my program all have a start date of 2/1/21. I wonder if the PD works on the ones with early start dates first.

aspiring.academic

It's largely irrelevant. The start date will be automatically adjusted to the 1st of the following month after the NOA unless otherwise stated. 

ocean2428

My status date change today but still pending

Timeline so far:

October 28th - PM asked to clarify some issues raised by one of the referees. (no change in date or status)
December 8th - PM sent an email saying "recommended for funding" and asked for C&P and Abstract (status still pending no date change)
February 2nd- Status date change but status still pending.

angelama

Quote from: ocean2428 on February 02, 2021, 01:22:50 PM

Timeline so far:

October 28th - PM asked to clarify some issues raised by one of the referees. (no change in date or status)
December 8th - PM sent an email saying "recommended for funding" and asked for C&P and Abstract (status still pending no date change)

Congratulations! I think it will become recommended soon.

dionysus816

Timeline so far:

noa is on the way. Congrats!

lightofhope

Congratulations !

Timeline so far:

ocean2428

Thank you. Hopefully, it will be the case.

xamxam

Received good news yesterday. PD asked for C&PS and wrote back a few hours later saying it was recommended for funding. Thank you to the group for the useful information and emotional support!

dionysus816

Congratulations!

Quote from: xamxam on February 03, 2021, 09:51:31 AM
Received good news yesterday. PD asked for C&PS and wrote back a few hours later saying it was recommended for funding. Thank you to the group for the useful information and emotional support!

ocean2428

lightofhope

Congrats!
Quote from: xamxam on February 03, 2021, 09:51:31 AM

dionysus816

Status date has changed to today with an email from PO yesterday talking about my other proposal, NOT the career. I sent a 2-page summary back in mid January.
I think rejection is on the way.

happy123

Quote from: aspiring.academic on February 02, 2021, 11:11:51 AM

It's largely irrelevant. The start date will be automatically adjusted to the 1st of the following month after the NOA unless otherwise stated.
The status date of my proposal is changed today (after submission, August 8). I already submitted a public abstract 10 days ago. Any comment on the status change?

Last year, after two days of change of status, I received rejection; public abstracted was not requested last year...