NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightofhope

I believe it's a positive sign!

Quote from: happy123 on February 03, 2021, 07:03:28 PM
Quote from: aspiring.academic on February 02, 2021, 11:11:51 AM
Quote from: xamxam on February 02, 2021, 08:13:41 AM
What did you all put as the project start date? I see the latest funded CAREERs in my program all have a start date of 2/1/21. I wonder if the PD works on the ones with early start dates first.

It's largely irrelevant. The start date will be automatically adjusted to the 1st of the following month after the NOA unless otherwise stated.
The status date of my proposal is changed today (after submission, August 8). I already submitted a public abstract 10 days ago. Any comment on the status change?

Last year, after two days of change of status, I received rejection; public abstracted was not requested last year...

aspiring.academic

What did you all put as the project start date? I see the latest funded CAREERs in my program all have a start date of 2/1/21. I wonder if the PD works on the ones with early start dates first.

It's largely irrelevant. The start date will be automatically adjusted to the 1st of the following month after the NOA unless otherwise stated.
The status date of my proposal is changed today (after submission, August 8). I already submitted a public abstract 10 days ago. Any comment on the status change?

Last year, after two days of change of status, I received rejection; public abstracted was not requested last year...

Just wait and be patient.

happy123

Quote from: aspiring.academic on February 04, 2021, 04:15:15 AM

Sure, thanks for being a very helpful to everyone...

aspiring.academic

Quote from: happy123 on February 04, 2021, 06:27:31 AM
Quote from: aspiring.academic on February 04, 2021, 04:15:15 AM

Sure, thanks for being a very helpful to everyone...
I know being patient is hard but it's really all I can advise you to do.
Take a breather and work on something else to help pass the time.

EngineeringProfessor

Good news! Mine was officially recommended.

lightofhope

lightofhope

Friday again and still no news.
Does anyone know any news from IIS?
I saw only one award was made so far.

angelama

Quote from: lightofhope on February 05, 2021, 09:51:31 AM
Friday again and still no news.
Does anyone know any news from IIS?
I saw only one award was made so far.

No news as well.
I think CISE is slower than others. Good luck!

born_a_prof

angelama

Quote from: born_a_prof on February 07, 2021, 10:06:25 AM
Any news from DCSD ?

I know someone from DCSD has already been contacted by the PM in Jan.

dionysus816

happy123

Quote from: dionysus816 on February 07, 2021, 06:20:14 PM
Declined.
E, V, V/G
I'm sorry to hear this news. Stay motivated and address reviewers concerns and revise the proposal.
Which program?

dionysus816

CER
Quote from: happy123 on February 07, 2021, 08:03:12 PM
Quote from: dionysus816 on February 07, 2021, 06:20:14 PM
Declined.
E, V, V/G
I'm sorry to hear this news. Stay motivated and address reviewers concerns and revise the proposal.
Which program?

anxiety_rising

I am happy to read about all of the success stories. For all others, there is nothing more to do than to regroup and try again.

Are there others still waiting for news? Mine has no updates since submission and a couple of awards have already been announced. It could mean that I am in the bubble or that the rejection announcement is moving through the system... hard to tell.

lightofhope

I'm still waiting.
CISE is so slow!!!

Quote from: anxiety_rising on February 09, 2021, 06:22:58 AM
I am happy to read about all of the success stories. For all others, there is nothing more to do than to regroup and try again.

Are there others still waiting for news? Mine has no updates since submission and a couple of awards have already been announced. It could mean that I am in the bubble or that the rejection announcement is moving through the system... hard to tell.