News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.dodo1988

I think you are on the bubble.

I am probably in a similar situation. I contacted the PM and her response was "you were not selected in the first round, but you have not been rejected either". Well, don't want to read the tea leaves, but kind of like "the hope is not totally gone, but almost gone". :(

Quote from: anxiety_rising on February 09, 2021, 06:22:58 AM
I am happy to read about all of the success stories. For all others, there is nothing more to do than to regroup and try again.

Are there others still waiting for news? Mine has no updates since submission and a couple of awards have already been announced. It could mean that I am in the bubble or that the rejection announcement is moving through the system... hard to tell.

anxiety_rising

Quote from: J.dodo1988 on February 09, 2021, 11:12:17 AM

I am probably in a similar situation. I contacted the PM and her response was "you were not selected in the first round, but you have not been rejected either". Well, don't want to read the tea leaves, but kind of like "the hope is not totally gone, but almost gone". :(

I am happy to read about all of the success stories. For all others, there is nothing more to do than to regroup and try again.

Are there others still waiting for news? Mine has no updates since submission and a couple of awards have already been announced. It could mean that I am in the bubble or that the rejection announcement is moving through the system... hard to tell.

Thanks for letting me know. I have been resisting the temptation of writing to the program manager. So far I have succeeded.

To keep your hopes up, I will share recent news from another PO. I was contacted about a week ago (re: another proposal pending) and she told me that EAR still has not gotten their budget numbers. Lot's of uncertainty as to what they can fund with limited knowledge on funds. So keep your fingers crossed and best of luck.

happy123

Quote from: aspiring.academic on February 04, 2021, 04:15:15 AM
Quote from: happy123 on February 03, 2021, 07:03:28 PM
Quote from: aspiring.academic on February 02, 2021, 11:11:51 AM
Quote from: xamxam on February 02, 2021, 08:13:41 AM
What did you all put as the project start date? I see the latest funded CAREERs in my program all have a start date of 2/1/21. I wonder if the PD works on the ones with early start dates first.

It's largely irrelevant. The start date will be automatically adjusted to the 1st of the following month after the NOA unless otherwise stated.
The status date of my proposal is changed today (after submission, August 8). I already submitted a public abstract 10 days ago. Any comment on the status change?

Last year, after two days of change of status, I received rejection; public abstracted was not requested last year...

Just wait and be patient.
I want to let you know that the division director has officially recommended my proposal. I received a congratulations email today. Many thanks for your kind replies and suggestions.

aspiring.academic

Quote from: happy123 on February 09, 2021, 06:10:42 PM
Quote from: aspiring.academic on February 04, 2021, 04:15:15 AM
Quote from: happy123 on February 03, 2021, 07:03:28 PM
Quote from: aspiring.academic on February 02, 2021, 11:11:51 AM
Quote from: xamxam on February 02, 2021, 08:13:41 AM
What did you all put as the project start date? I see the latest funded CAREERs in my program all have a start date of 2/1/21. I wonder if the PD works on the ones with early start dates first.

It's largely irrelevant. The start date will be automatically adjusted to the 1st of the following month after the NOA unless otherwise stated.
The status date of my proposal is changed today (after submission, August 8). I already submitted a public abstract 10 days ago. Any comment on the status change?

Last year, after two days of change of status, I received rejection; public abstracted was not requested last year...

Just wait and be patient.
I want to let you know that the division director has officially recommended my proposal. I received a congratulations email today. Many thanks for your kind replies and suggestions.
Excellent!!! I'm glad to hear.

HikingMaryland

Quote from: deeply_uncertain on December 26, 2020, 11:52:19 AM
Has anyone heard from CMMI/HDBE?

Have you heard anything yet from CMMI/HDBE? I have not. There were a number of declines that went out in mid-Dec.

deeply_uncertain

Quote from: HikingMaryland on February 12, 2021, 07:50:18 AM
Quote from: deeply_uncertain on December 26, 2020, 11:52:19 AM
Has anyone heard from CMMI/HDBE?

Have you heard anything yet from CMMI/HDBE? I have not. There were a number of declines that went out in mid-Dec.

No, I have not heard anything. My status has not changed since submission. And I have not seen any awards from there yet. Still no news is no news. 

bluefooted

I'm still in limbo...initial contact by PO in early Dec.  My, this takes a long time!  I feel like I've been holding my breath for 2 months.
It's like that feeling of presents before Christmas but multiplied by 1000 times.
Here's hoping it's still going forward!

rusunyii

Have you received the official recommendation?

Quote from: ocean2428 on February 02, 2021, 01:22:50 PM
My status date change today but still pending

Timeline so far:

October 28th - PM asked to clarify some issues raised by one of the referees. (no change in date or status)
December 8th - PM sent an email saying "recommended for funding" and asked for C&P and Abstract (status still pending no date change)
February 2nd- Status date change but status still pending.

ocean2428

Timeline so far:

October 28th - PM asked to clarify some issues raised by one of the referees. (no change in date or status)
December 8th - PM sent an email saying "recommended for funding" and asked for C&P and Abstract (status still pending no date change)
February 7nd- Status change to recommended

Haven't heard anything since then. I hope this means officially recommended.

Quote from: rusunyii on February 17, 2021, 07:56:42 AM

Timeline so far:

rusunyii

Thanks. This means official recommendation :) I think it will be awarded soon.

My status also changed recently, and hope to see this as well.

Quote from: ocean2428 on February 17, 2021, 09:52:11 AM
Timeline so far:

February 7nd- Status change to recommended

Haven't heard anything since then. I hope this means officially recommended.

Quote from: rusunyii on February 17, 2021, 07:56:42 AM

Timeline so far:

anxiety_rising

Any news on your end? A colleague of mine just got hers rejected so my guess is that they are slowly sending rejections out. No status update on mine yet.

HunterNC

Rumor's that NSF Engineering will release results to applicants before the career workshop deadline of Feb-19.

Quote from: anxiety_rising on February 17, 2021, 11:00:02 AM

Any news on your end? A colleague of mine just got hers rejected so my guess is that they are slowly sending rejections out. No status update on mine yet.

J.dodo1988

Nope. Nothing. The date still shows the august one.

[/quote]

[/quote]

lightofhope

Does anyone have any news about IIS@CISE?

So far only one award was made, so slow!

ocean2428