News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anxiety_rising

hazelshade

After total radio silence since some frantic award negotiations back in November, my institution's proposal (CISE) has finally moved to "recommended," though no NOA yet.

lightofhope

Congrats!

which program in CISE?

Quote from: hazelshade on February 23, 2021, 12:18:35 PM
After total radio silence since some frantic award negotiations back in November, my institution's proposal (CISE) has finally moved to "recommended," though no NOA yet.

hazelshade

Quote from: lightofhope on February 23, 2021, 04:39:43 PM
Congrats!

which program in CISE?

SHF.

hazelshade

Quote from: hazelshade on February 23, 2021, 05:10:31 PM
Congrats!

which program in CISE?

SHF.

And the NOA has arrived!

zeldabeginner

For those in CISE IIS:

The PM contacted me mid-Jan asking for the abstract, revised budget, etc. Earlier this week the status became "recommended".

Personally, I think it won't hurt to email the PM and ask. I emailed the PM in early Jan and he replied the same day saying that my proposal was reviewed highly and they were processing it.

lightofhope

Congrats!

Quote from: hazelshade on February 24, 2021, 08:04:31 AM
Congrats!

which program in CISE?

SHF.

And the NOA has arrived!

ocean2428

Congrats!

soccer

Great news! It sounds like your NOA arrived just a couple of days after the status becomes recommended? I wish this can happen to me as well!

Congrats!

which program in CISE?

SHF.

And the NOA has arrived!

lightofhope

thanks for the update.

So far IIS only has two awards and both are from RI.
Not sure why IIS is so slow this year.

Quote from: zeldabeginner on February 24, 2021, 08:18:04 AM
For those in CISE IIS:

The PM contacted me mid-Jan asking for the abstract, revised budget, etc. Earlier this week the status became "recommended".

Personally, I think it won't hurt to email the PM and ask. I emailed the PM in early Jan and he replied the same day saying that my proposal was reviewed highly and they were processing it.

hazelshade

Quote from: soccer on February 24, 2021, 01:55:13 PM
Great news! It sounds like your NOA arrived just a couple of days after the status becomes recommended? I wish this can happen to me as well!

Congrats!

which program in CISE?

SHF.

And the NOA has arrived!

Yep--we had award negotiations in late November/early December and then crickets for a long time. On February 20, the status date was updated (but still read "pending"); on February 23, it was changed to "recommended," and then the NOA came through on the 24th.

aspiring.academic

IIS is not moving slowly their standard. They%u2019re publishing awards at about their typical pace. Around five before 3/1 of the calendar year. Most IIS CAREER awards don%u2019t begin until after 3/1 in prior years and would figure to repeat the same trend this year.

Good luck to everyone!

aspiring.academic

Quote from: aspiring.academic on February 25, 2021, 05:49:58 PM
IIS is not moving slowly their standard. They%u2019re publishing awards at about their typical pace. Around five before 3/1 of the calendar year. Most IIS CAREER awards don%u2019t begin until after 3/1 in prior years and would figure to repeat the same trend this year.

Good luck to everyone!

That was a butchered post. Let me try again.

IIS is not moving slowly. They're on par with the previous year. In the last handful of years, they've published 5 or fewer awards before 3/1. Most of their awards are published after 3/1 and some well into May and June. They're on pace to repeat what they've traditionally done.

If you haven't been contacted it's probably time to start revising and preparing for the next cycle.

anxiety_rising

I am excited to share with this group that I was contacted by the PO yesterday. Pending some modifications to the budget, my CAREER proposal will be recommended for funding. Budget revisions, COVID-19 contingency plan, and an abstract have been requested. The PO was very cautious in his email, saying that budget is still very uncertain as of today. So I am excited but also cautious in case it falls through.