Main Menu

NSF CAREER Grant UPDATE Thread

Started by professing, October 18, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelama

J.dodo1988

Congrats!

Quote from: anxiety_rising on February 27, 2021, 12:09:57 PM
I am excited to share with this group that I was contacted by the PO yesterday. Pending some modifications to the budget, my CAREER proposal will be recommended for funding. Budget revisions, COVID-19 contingency plan, and an abstract have been requested. The PO was very cautious in his email, saying that budget is still very uncertain as of today. So I am excited but also cautious in case it falls through.

anxiety_rising

Thank you but I am a little concerned. His email sounded like they are still very uncertain. Will update once I learn more.

HunterNC

Mine is in the CMMI AM program, had a Fastlane status date change back in Jan, PD remains the same. No contact from PD requesting anything.
My guess is a decline is on the way. But it's almost two months after the status date change. Does anyone have any similar experience to share? Why does the PD hold on releasing the decline and/or review results?
I don't plan to reach out to the PD yet. It doesn't feel good in the limbo. Thanks.

research_prof

Quote from: HunterNC on March 03, 2021, 10:54:11 AM
Mine is in the CMMI AM program, had a Fastlane status date change back in Jan, PD remains the same. No contact from PD requesting anything.
My guess is a decline is on the way. But it's almost two months after the status date change. Does anyone have any similar experience to share? Why does the PD hold on releasing the decline and/or review results?
I don't plan to reach out to the PD yet. It doesn't feel good in the limbo. Thanks.

Yes, since COVID started, one of my proposals was rejected 1 month after a status date change. Another one that was triaged took NSF 2 months after the status date change to send me the notification.

deeply_uncertain

Quote from: research_prof on March 03, 2021, 11:31:04 AM

Yes, since COVID started, one of my proposals was rejected 1 month after a status date change. Another one that was triaged took NSF 2 months after the status date change to send me the notification.

Yes for me too. Two of my proposals were declined months after the status date changed. I do not know why PDs are holding the decline notices so long. My guess is that to be declined proposals are of low priority to a PD.   

research_prof

Quote from: deeply_uncertain on March 03, 2021, 03:17:24 PM
Quote from: research_prof on March 03, 2021, 11:31:04 AM

Yes for me too. Two of my proposals were declined months after the status date changed. I do not know why PDs are holding the decline notices so long. My guess is that to be declined proposals are of low priority to a PD.

Yup.

HikingMaryland

Yep. Same boat, but different program (HDBE) and no status changes since August. :-/

xamxam

Has anyone heard anything from "Physics of Living Systems" (PoLS)?

xamxam

Quote from: aspiring.academic on March 17, 2021, 01:26:18 PM
Quote from: xamxam on March 17, 2021, 11:23:42 AM

Yes.
https://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=2118561&HistoricalAwards=false

Thanks, but that is not a new award. It is actually a transfer since the PI moved schools.

Vid

Two CAREER awards have showed up so far for HDBE.

To CAREER awardee in Engineering: Have you guys attended NSF Engineering CAREER workshop before? Any idea how it goes?
"I see the world through eyes of love. I see love in every flower, in the sun and the moon, and in every person I meet." Louise L. Hay

deeply_uncertain

Quote from: Vid on March 20, 2021, 09:07:13 PM

Two CAREER awards have showed up so far for HDBE.

To CAREER awardee in Engineering: Have you guys attended NSF Engineering CAREER workshop before? Any idea how it goes?

Seems like both are jointly funded. One HDBE+DRMS and the other HDBE+CIS. 

aspiring.academic

Best of luck to anyone still waiting for decisions.
Congratulations to all who have been awarded...it's time to get to work!

lightofhope

my program hasn't sent out any awards..... so still waiting....