News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Sweltering yesterday morning, then the temperature started going down from there.  With lots of wind from the front moving in.  Fortunately no storms.  In fact, we got scarcely any rain from the front, which is remarkable.

This morning, overcast and much cooler.  It got nowhere near freezing last night, but after temperatures in the 80s only 48 hours earlier it felt much cooler than it was.
If any will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose his life for my sake will find it.
For how does a man profit if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul?

sinenomine

The temperature outdoors is 20 degrees cooler than it was at this time yesterday. Sadly, the same can be said for the temperature in my office building. Bad timing for a furnace failure!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

FishProf

Wednesday was 58 and raining.  Perfect birding weather minus the torrential downpours.  Yesterday was partly sunny, so perfect weather to take my class to see the early migrants!

Nope.  Temps dropped to freezing overnight and then stayed there.  2pm was 33 and very windy.  We saw a few birds, including the Turkey Vulture who blew past the sanctuary, not to be seen again.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Langue_doc

I was at the dentist's yesterday, with my mouth wide open, when the weather report popped up on the TV screen. Forecast for today was "like a lamb". Cold and blustery yesterday.

apl68

Quote from: sinenomine on February 29, 2024, 12:00:22 PMThe temperature outdoors is 20 degrees cooler than it was at this time yesterday. Sadly, the same can be said for the temperature in my office building. Bad timing for a furnace failure!

We have the same problem multiple times a year, except it's usually our air conditioning instead.
If any will come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose his life for my sake will find it.
For how does a man profit if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul?