News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with SBB help to find my last word, vlog. One of these days I'll remember this one. I missed it last time, too. Today I'm at genius with two of the three pangrams.

LB: I had habitudes-symbiosis. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH but a final trip into my last word, fiat. LB was a quick brought-trifled.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB today, but missed affiant yesterday.

Found brought/trifled right away, but as I suspected, this was the NYT solution. Gah!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we also needed bee buddy for affiant.  I had tried something similar, but oh well. 

For LB I got flit-thoroughbred.  I thought that might be the schmofficial one! At least they were a little easier.

Oh yeah, Langue_doc, I agree it seems like the early-week crosswords have been a little tougher than usual.  I try to do those for speed, and usually it's mostly a matter of how fast I can read and type more than having to think too much about the answers.  I wonder when Will Shortz puzzles will come back.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

QBwH yesterday, last word infantility. QBwH today.

LB: I also had the "official" brought-trifled.. I found one today relatively quickly.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. QB yesterday, with peke as the last word. I didn't think the pangram was a legit word, but who knew! There were also a couple of other words that I found by stringing letters together.

coaxes/strawlike (inspired by the pangram)

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH last word upkeep. LB got a hint for strawlike-exorcise but I did find a 2fer that wouldn't take but should have: roxiest-tacowalk. Isn't it roxy to walk for tacos?

Moving today so not much puzzle time but we'll see.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for my last word, kelpie. Today I'm at genius with the pangram and a few words to go.

LB: I had the "official" clockwise-extra. Congratulations on the other solutions! I love roxiest-tacowalk, even though I have no idea what roxy means. But tacowalk! Every town should have one.

Ciao_yall, good luck with the move!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for kelpie, kepi.  I was really not a fan of yesterday's pangram.  I found it right away and guessed it but probably would never have found it just applying reason to the puzzle.  Husband finally got it last night. 

I like roxiest-tacowalk! The idea of a tacowalk could really take off.  I thought it should have accepted my walkies-sexocrat.  No dice on the latter word!

Good luck with the move, ciao_yall! I hope you love your new digs.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius with I-don't-know-how-many pangrams.

QB yesterday, with woodwind to end the list.

My usual vent--do the puzzle setters think that we have all day to spend on the bee? I hate these long repetitive puzzles such as today's.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word nitwit. LB got a nudge for phenomena-aviatrix.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with all the pangrams so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with minion, omit, woodwind.

No luck on LB again!

I've got a call about a job today so will be running around nervously before that, I'm sure.  Hopefully after I can relax and get into the long bee and other puzzles!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for midi and tomtit, which I should have gotten. Today I'm a little beyond genius with all five pangrams.

LB: I had the "official" phenomena-aviatrix. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. Didn't get back to the long-winded bee yesterday, so missed familiar as well as unfamiliar words. Dedicatee?!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Yeah, quite a bee yesterday. Ended up QBwH for tacet and a few others. LB got a hint for overpowered-defying.

Happy solving!