News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

April writing challenge

Started by Puget, March 28, 2020, 06:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahoo Redux

Edited. Read an article and lifted two quotes---not sure exactly what I will say about them.

Very close to finishing.  Fell asleep on the couch watching reruns of The Office, however.

Trying to stay away from redundant and pointless debates on the new Fora to spend more time on writing and grading.  Did not succeed. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

JCu16

It has got to that point. I'm going to have to finish writing a review for a proposal, as it really needs to be done this morning. Still counts as writing I guess.

Puget

Good morning fellow writers! A wet, grey day here, but I have strong coffee.

Today's goal: Finally go back to the collaborative preregistration that has been back-burnered for months, figure out where we left off, and try to finish the remaining bits I can, flag any remaining issues for collaborators, and check in with them.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Parasaurolophus

I'm a little leery of doing this, but... I'ma double my goal for today:

• Write 400 words of chapter.
I know it's a genus.

Nightshade

Snow day here! Nice to be home and not out in it - will work on adding that new section after reading through the various sources I hunted down yesterday. 300 words by 5 PM.

Good luck all!

Morden

Shoot. Another late start for me because I had to go back to campus and collect anything I might need for foreseeable future. We're going into complete lockdown at end of day today.
Today's writing goal then will be to look at next subsection of introduction and try to make organizational changes.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 03, 2020, 09:17:24 AM
I'm a little leery of doing this, but... I'ma double my goal for today:

• Write 400 words of chapter.

411 words, and I'm pretty pleased with how they've turned out, actually. It's starting to look like I might just be able to pull this crazy thing off!

Now, back to all my teaching-related tasks. Sigh.
I know it's a genus.

Morden

Way to go, Parasaurolophus! I spent my time, but not very successful today.

hungry_ghost

Yesterday was a wash.
Today I revised the next subsection of the introduction. I got it done but spent far too long doing it.
For tonight:

• Re-read the next subsection and think.
For tomorrow:

• Revise the next section. This might take 2 days.

JCu16

Quote from: JCu16 on April 03, 2020, 06:00:10 AM
It has got to that point. I'm going to have to finish writing a review for a proposal, as it really needs to be done this morning. Still counts as writing I guess.

Six pages of review later, can conclude that one is now done. Thank goodness.

JCu16

Another day, another check in and sticking to the schedule, even if it is a weekend.

Working on a new manuscript, and managed 350 words during the half hour this morning (writing up statistical methods takes a little longer).

Wife managed her all time best so far, 515 words towards a paper.

We've both made significant progress on our respective tasks this month. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Morden

Today I will slash away at a particular knot in my introduction (on a copy of course in case it turns out worse than before).

Morden

428 words today. Woo hoo. Good luck the next few days for everyone. I won't be able to rejoin until later in the week.

Wahoo Redux

About 300 words today.  Had the goal of definitely finishing the article today, but meaning is eluding me on one crucial step.  Try to sew it up tomorrow.

Go team!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Puget

Good morning writers!
I completely failed to do my writing task on Friday (got derailed by endless Zoom meetings and grading), but I'm going to get back on track with it today!

Today's goal: Spend at least 30 min. on the long-neglected collaborative pre-registration
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes