News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

April writing challenge

Started by Puget, March 28, 2020, 06:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I didn't manage to do much yesterday, so most of yesterday's stuff carries over to today. So, modestly once more:

• 200 words/finish 1 section of Chapter
I know it's a genus.

att_mtt

I am a bit late but after last minute measurements before lab shutdown today, today I will add the new material & methods part to my revise & resubmit paper.

Puget

Quote from: Puget on April 07, 2020, 07:52:23 PM
Likewise sorry for your loss, hungry_ghost! Be gentle with yourself if you are not being very productive for a while.

Quote from: Puget on April 07, 2020, 06:58:19 AM
A busy day of Zoom meetings today, so I will set the modest goal of another 30 min. of working on the preregistration, but with the stretch goal of finishing the intro revisions.

Didn't quite make the stretch goal, but I'm pretty close. Goal for tomorrow is to finish the intro and do at least 30 min. on the methods and analysis plan. Stretch goal is to finish those and request co-authors give final input before we preregister.

Finished intro and spend some time reading and thinking about technical aspects of the analysis plan. I'm going to take the next few days off for passover and be back at it after that. Happy writing all!
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

hungry_ghost

Quote from: hungry_ghost on April 07, 2020, 04:07:05 PM
Tomorrow, I'll move on to tackle the next section. It is 3200 words of fluffy mess, hope to work through and reduce at least the first part (1200 words) and sketch out a plan for dealing with the second part.

Didn't get as much done as I'd hoped--about halfway through the first part--but I figured out what I need to do to fix it, and I should be able to make some headway tomorrow.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 08, 2020, 09:58:14 AM
I didn't manage to do much yesterday, so most of yesterday's stuff carries over to today. So, modestly once more:

• 200 words/finish 1 section of Chapter

444 words!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

att_mtt

Quote from: att_mtt on April 08, 2020, 11:50:40 AM
I am a bit late but after last minute measurements before lab shutdown today, today I will add the new material & methods part to my revise & resubmit paper.

I actually did that yesterday, just forgot to update the thread here. Yay.

Goal for today:
Finish two figures for the result part + integrate the new results into the description of the result.

Morden

Great work everyone. Today I will try to remember where I was the last time I worked on the manuscript, and hopefully I will set up the next section.

att_mtt

Quote from: att_mtt on April 09, 2020, 08:37:41 AM
Quote from: att_mtt on April 08, 2020, 11:50:40 AM

I actually did that yesterday, just forgot to update the thread here. Yay.

Goal for today:
Finish two figures for the result part + integrate the new results into the description of the result.

Finished the two figures and integrated parts into the manuscript text. Also fixed several things that reviewers had commented on.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 09, 2020, 06:49:43 AM
Today:

• Finish two sections.

Done, but it took 905 words. After tomorrow I'm gonna have to start setting word-cutting goals, because I'm way over where I need to be.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today:

• Finish the last section of this chapter.
I know it's a genus.

att_mtt

Today: Touch up on figures + integrate reviewers comments and restructure the results part

Morden

Forgot to check in at end of day yesterday. Yesterday's goals met. Today I will try to set up next section of intro.

Morden

Not successful today. Maybe tomorrow.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 10, 2020, 08:28:57 AM
Today:

• Finish the last section of this chapter.

Done, and then some. But holy moly, do I ever need to do some cutting!
I know it's a genus.