News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statsgeek

FishProf, glad they returned safely home! 

We're currently the WORST cat servants ever.  First, we were gone for almost a week.  Now, they just settled into us being back and we've invited strange people to make loud noises outside (repairing a roof).  And, my Yin Yang boys don't know it yet, but tomorrow and Monday they have to go see the vet.  It's time for checkups and shots. 

I'll be surprised if the ASPCA doesn't show up at my door. 

Puget

So glad you got them back inside Fishprof! One of mine loves going out in the back yard in a harness and has occasionally managed to slip out of it (don't ask me how, he's very talented)-- luckily he has never run and lets me scoop him up and take him back in, but I always worry he'll someday escape. Hopefully he would at least stay close and come back for food like yours though.

Statsgeek you are clearly due some one star reviews on catservants.com. It is just so hard to get good help these days.

In unrelated cat anecdotes, early this morning I had a dream where I was walking around some sort of museum, inexplicably carrying both cats in my arms. Completely implausibly, they were pretty chill about that, but were getting quite heavy to carry. Then I woke up and found that there was in fact a cat sleeping on my arm.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

clean

" inexplicably carrying both cats in my arms. Completely implausibly, they were pretty chill about that, but were getting quite heavy to carry. Then I woke up and found that there was in fact a cat sleeping on my arm."

That is how the training is done. They enter your dreams and insert the actions that you are expected to perform.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

FishProf

Quote from: Puget on May 30, 2024, 02:43:32 PMSo glad you got them back inside Fishprof!

Last night Nox, who has never even tried to go out, slipped around the air conditioner to go onto the roof.  Several hours later, I couldn't sleep and went to adjust the AC, and who is staring at me from the other side of the glass?  Quite startling on at least two levels.

It started raining about 45 minutes later, so I suspect kittyESP telling me to come get her.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Larimar

Yipes! Glad all the wandering kitties made it back inside!

FishProf

All present and accounted for when I left this morning.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

clean

Just heard from panicked (now relieved) friend. He woke up last night thinking that his Overlord got outside in the night.   He went out every hour or 2 through the early morning hours  to call and search.  He was very worried.  He was on a computer chat with another friend when he heard a cat dealing with a hairball.  He thought it was Cat 2, but then she walked by.  So he looked in the other room and their, perched on his throne/chair, was the supposedly missing overlord!

He is relieved that he had fulfilled his duties to support the whims and wishes of the Boss.  Now he is not sure if he was dreaming the cat got out, or if the overlord snuck in while he was outside searching?

Given that the overlords are staying close to home, perhaps an AirTag would help us serve them better.... Some of the cruise lines are giving passengers devices that track them and allow people to order drinks and snacks and then the servers use the trackers to serve you your orders.  IF the overlords ever went on a cruise, I m sure that they would insist on such a device! 

Airtags would allow you to sound an alert, and on the newer Iphones give you a direction and distance (at least I think that they do!)  (When I look for my keys they are usually a few feet away from my chair!, but my keys usually dont walk or hide from my on purpose -  or as punishment for my offenses)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Puget

Quote from: clean on May 31, 2024, 11:24:02 AMGiven that the overlords are staying close to home, perhaps an AirTag would help us serve them better....

You can definitely get air tag holders for pet collars and I think a lot of people do that with indoor/outdoor cats. The neighbors across the street have a friendly and inquisitive young cat who is allowed out, and she has an air tag on her collar. This is good because she came to visit while I was working outside with the door to the detached garage open and snuck inside -  I accidentally almost shut her in and might not have reopened it for days!
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes