Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

A fair few teaching activities need doing today, but:

• Write 200-300 words of referee report
  • Tidy up §2 of June Paper
I know it's a genus.

nonsensical

Quote from: nonsensical on May 20, 2020, 04:43:13 AM
I have received comments from a colleague on a theory paper we are writing together. I will aim to finalize that manuscript today, although I haven't opened the file yet and don't know how extensive the comments are.

Finalized and submitted today!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: nonsensical on May 20, 2020, 11:33:33 AM

w00t! Congratulations!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 20, 2020, 08:31:03 AM

• Write 200-300 words of referee report
  • Tidy up §2 of June Paper

510 words of the report, tidied §2 of June Paper, and added 667 words.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

This is one of those days when I have to upload video files which, because of the LMS's limitations, is a very involved process and takes forever. So, if I'm lucky:

• Finish referee report
  • Tidy up some of §3 of June Paper

But I'll settle for finishing the report.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: nonsensical on May 20, 2020, 11:33:33 AM
Quote from: nonsensical on May 20, 2020, 04:43:13 AM
I have received comments from a colleague on a theory paper we are writing together. I will aim to finalize that manuscript today, although I haven't opened the file yet and don't know how extensive the comments are.

That is great news! I did a little editing on the neglected project and added some words. I am trying to get one co-author on the 6/15 paper to check the manuscript and then I will submit early next week. I also met with my research assistant via zoom today to go over her data analysis on our grant project. The grant term ends 5/31 and she will continue working with me on the manuscript after that unpaid (and she is great and I want her to get published)! Things are moving along!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 21, 2020, 12:00:17 PM

• Finish referee report
  • Tidy up some of §3 of June Paper

Done, except that I titied §4 instead of §3. But hey, I didn't feel like looking at §3 today.
I know it's a genus.

nonsensical

Thank you for celebrating my paper submission with me. The affirmation feels nice.

Yesterday was a mess, but I did make progress on the supplemental docs for my grant. Today my goal is to go through page proofs that are due right after Memorial Day and then try to do something for the long weekend that doesn't feel like the same stuff I've been doing for the rest of quarantine. Normally an extra day chilling at home would be relaxing for me, but not so much right now. My other option usually is to do stuff out in the world; there are lots of things that I would enjoy doing in the place where I live, but none of them are options are right now. I did make plans for a phone call with a friend, at least, and I'm looking forward to catching up with her.

Puget

Congrats on the submission nonsensical!

OK, I'm finally back to writing after a gap when I got sucked into the giant black hole of helping put  together the department online graduation and grading.

I'm going to make a push today and try to finish up the revisions on the long neglected paper, but first I need to get comments to my MA student on her thesis results section draft.

"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Parasaurolophus

Today:

• Add a tiny section to last month's chapter.
  • Tidy up either §3 or §5 of June Paper.
I know it's a genus.

nonsensical

Finished editing the proofs. Very ready for a long weekend.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 22, 2020, 10:00:03 AM
Today:

• Add a tiny section to last month's chapter.
  • Tidy up either §3 or §5 of June Paper.

Done, but not quite happy with either one.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

On Friday I submitted the manuscript that is due 6/15, woohoo! I get anxious near deadlines and was very relieved to submit it this early! Now I have to give more attention to my neglected project; I have no excuses! Also, I found out an article I worked on with three scholars I really admire is in press and due out in July!

Parasaurolophus

Hmm. Let's try finishing §5 of June Paper today. It needs a bit of research in addition to the writing up.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 25, 2020, 09:21:19 AM
Hmm. Let's try finishing §5 of June Paper today. It needs a bit of research in addition to the writing up.

Well. I worked on it extensively, but it's not done.
I know it's a genus.

nonsensical

Quote from: darkstarrynight on May 24, 2020, 02:36:23 PM
On Friday I submitted the manuscript that is due 6/15, woohoo! I get anxious near deadlines and was very relieved to submit it this early! Now I have to give more attention to my neglected project; I have no excuses! Also, I found out an article I worked on with three scholars I really admire is in press and due out in July!

Congratulations! These are both wonderful things.

I am appreciating the rest I got over the weekend and am excited to dive back into writing. The student with whom I am working on the R&R that needs a few rounds of revisions sent me back the latest version, and my goal for today is to go through at least half of it.