• Send off July Paper.
  • Read more of partner's dissertation.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 17, 2020, 08:39:52 AM
Today:

• Send off July Paper.
  • Read more of partner's dissertation.

I'll be all done with the dissertation-reading in a few days. Next week, however, I have a paper to referee and some stuff to read for August's papers.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today:

• Write glowing referee report.
  • Read more of partner's dissertation

And maybe, depending on how things pan out (it's a hot day, so I might just give up first):

• Do some work on Foggy Paper.
I know it's a genus.

Puget

Today:
1. Comments on revised methods draft from grad student #2
2. Finally get preregistration uploaded to OSF

Otherwise, more class prep.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 20, 2020, 09:34:57 AM
Today:

• Write glowing referee report.
  • Read more of partner's dissertation

And maybe, depending on how things pan out (it's a hot day, so I might just give up first):

• Do some work on Foggy Paper.

Done for the day, I guess!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today:

• Finish reading partner's dissertation.
  • Do some reading for Foggy Paper (1-2 articles).
  • Work on Foggy Paper.
I know it's a genus.

Cybergeek

Damn! Finally finished reviewing a paper that took me so long. I almost finished a bottle of wine to keep myself staying with the paper! Damn! The paper got rejected.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 21, 2020, 08:50:34 AM
Today:

• Finish reading partner's dissertation.
  • Do some reading for Foggy Paper (1-2 articles).
  • Work on Foggy Paper.

I'm still not happy with the state of Foggy Paper, but it's too hot to think clearly, so I give up for now. Maybe tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on July 03, 2020, 09:12:14 PM
Thanks for keeping this up, Puget!

July goals

• Finish long neglected paper and submit manuscript to target journal - my co-author and I are at the finish line!
  • Start manuscript from grant project
  • Finish up manuscript with superstar and rising star for target journal
  • Continue to help colleague transform part of her dissertation to an article - target journal identified
  • Start new project with the only person in my subfield who I have not collaborated with yet - meeting has been set for the end of the month
  • Finish multi-author report of project I got to present at an international conference two years ago!
  • Hope my conditionally accepted paper for journal special issue gets published, my third revision for another journal finally gets accepted, and my currently under review paper that I wrote with three current and former students gets a R&R

Update

• Three papers are under review (third R&R, long neglected paper, and manuscript written with three current and former students.
  • Got the word today that conditionally accepted paper will be out in the next two weeks!
  • I did start the grant project manuscript, and have several people working with me on revamping the grant report into a publishable paper.
  • I had not gotten anything from rising star in our trio, so I wrote hu today since the draft had not been updated since July 10th. Hu wrote me and superstar author that hu was having lots of issues and I can go ahead and take over, so I will start that tomorrow.
  • I meet tomorrow morning with colleague to help hu transform their dissertation into at least one article.
  • I meet Friday with colleague in my subfield to see if we can work together on a project finally.
  • I added to the multi-author international manuscript which will be a report published by an organization, and am waiting to hear next steps.

So far, I still feel rather productive for this crazy time. I am going on a road trip with my spouse this coming weekend to a neighboring state to meet up with the in-laws and hope we all stay healthy.

Parasaurolophus

Today:

• Get Foggy Paper into some sort of coherent shape. Yay, structural editing!

Depending on how things go:

• Do some reading for Co-Authored Paper 2.
  • Do some work on Co-Authored Paper 2.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 22, 2020, 07:15:41 AM
Today:

• Get Foggy Paper into some sort of coherent shape. Yay, structural editing!

Depending on how things go:

• Do some reading for Co-Authored Paper 2.
  • Do some work on Co-Authored Paper 2.

I tidied Foggy and wrote another 1000 words of it, so I'm giving myself a pass on the last of the day's stretch goals. I kinda feel like reading some more, but something completely different, so I'm gonna have a look at the dreaded "to read soon" folder.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hard to know quite what I feel like doing today. I've been in an anting-around kind of mood since finishing July Paper. Some combination of 2-3 of these, I guess:

• Read for Co-Authored Paper 2
  • Work on Foggy Paper
  • Start Book Review
  • Work on Unusual Outlier Paper
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 02, 2020, 11:37:26 AM
July Goals:

• Get paper #1 under review - finalizing with coauthor now and we should be able to get it out soon... but this paper has had its share of setbacks so fingers crossed
  • Get paper #2 under review - got some feedback from colleagues, need to make a few edits before submitting, also coordinating with coathors but I think we are all wanting to get it out the door asap
  • Make progress on paper #3 (this is R&R) - working with coauthors to finalize; due to journal in August but I'd like to get it out in July
  • Complete and submit book chapter - about 2/3s complete and due at the end of July

Stretch Goals (if all other things are done early):

• Submit IRB for new project
  • Make some progress on new paper with colleague

Managed to get a third paper out the door.  This is a major R&R, and I'm not sure whether reviewers will be happy with the revisions.  I'm optimistic, but cautiously so... so wish me luck.

Next week I'll finalize the book chapter.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 23, 2020, 07:39:37 AM
Hard to know quite what I feel like doing today. I've been in an anting-around kind of mood since finishing July Paper. Some combination of 2-3 of these, I guess:

• Read for Co-Authored Paper 2
  • Work on Foggy Paper
  • Start Book Review

I wrote 400 more words of Foggy Paper and fixed up a section, and wrote 200 words of my book review. I'm a bit bored of my doings, so I think I'll stop for now. Maybe I'll pick up UOP later, and edit this post. Shrug.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I think I need a change of paper scenery, so:

• Work on Book Review
I know it's a genus.